Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not a joke thread; do I need to add a blade disconnect for a Gen 3 HPWC (60A)?

holeydonut

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2020
East Bay NorCal
I have talked to my installer about doing exactly this if I add more solar and I can get it coded

I kind of wish you'd do a retrofit to your Maxima to make it an EV. Like I don't know how your car hasn't fallen apart.

PS, I used to have two '94 GXEs (one for parts) and helped the guys over at 4DSC.com with their forum code. The one that barely worked nuked itself back in 2008. I can't imagine how you've gotten another 12 years out of yours.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
I kind of wish you'd do a retrofit to your Maxima to make it an EV. Like I don't know how your car hasn't fallen apart.

PS, I used to have two '94 GXEs (one for parts) and helped the guys over at 4DSC.com with their forum code. The one that barely worked nuked itself back in 2008. I can't imagine how you've gotten another 12 years out of yours.
I took apart 2 MGA's in high school and rebuilt one back together. Car was always have issues so sold it years later. I also have an amphibious Dutton Mariner which was fun for a few years.

My maxima still going strong. Hard to justify buying anything else since it gets me from point a to b as fast, legally as any tesla. :) Not it style, but will take that savings and try to get more panels on the roof.

I guess I might need a 59.999999 amp breaker :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC