Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not a Tesla semi rear ends Stopped truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Washington state:
One killed, 3 injured in multi-car crash involving semi-truck on I-90 near Cle Elum
Two people killed, three injured in semi-truck crash on I-5
1 dead as separate crashes involving semis snarl I-5 traffic in Tacoma, Olympia
Semi-truck drives off the freeway and crashes in Benton City
Driver in chicken feather truck crash admits falling asleep
Semi crash causes long dealys on SB I-5 in SW Washington
Port Orchard semi truck driver dies on I-5 stretch near Castle Rock
Semi and Train Accident
Logs broke through cab of semi when two trucks collide on I-5 in Tacoma
Semi crashes on I-5, catches fire near Winlock, Wash.
Semi-truck crash blocks southbound lane of I-205 in Salmon Creek
PHOTOS: All lanes of I-90 reopen after semi-truck loses load in downtown Spokane
WSDOT workers hurt after semi-truck crash in Renton

OK, many more than I realized. Must be a better way - googling news stories far too tedious. How about:

https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/AccidentReports/Pages/highway.aspx
BUT, only about half a dozen per year and can take almost 2 years to complete a report. WTF?

back to Washington State: (from a law firm)
Yes, semi-truck crashes are way up in Washington this year ... but why?
Semi truck crashes are way up in Washington State | Trucking Watchdog

How about some National statistics? This is the best I have found so far:
Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts

Summary for 2016:
  • In 2016, 4,440 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes, a 2-percent increase from 2015. Although the number of large trucks and buses in fatal crashes has increased by 29 percent from its low of 3,432 in 2009, the 2016 number is still 15 percent lower than the 21st-century peak of 5,231 in 2005. From 2015 to 2016, large truck and bus fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled by all motor vehicles increased by 1.9 percent, from 0.141 to 0.144.
  • There was a 34-percent decrease in the number of fatal crashes involving large trucks or buses between 2005 and 2009, followed by an increase of 28 percent between 2009 and 2016. From 2015 to 2016, the number of fatal crashes involving large trucks or buses increased by 6 percent.
  • The number of injury crashes involving large trucks or buses decreased steadily from 102,000 in 2002 to 60,000 in 2009 (a decline of 41 percent). Since then, it increased 62 percent to 97,000 in 2015. In 2016, there were an estimated 119,000 injury crashes, based on NHTSA's new CRSS data collection.
  • On average, from 2006 to 2016, intercity buses accounted for 13 percent, and school buses and transit buses accounted for 40 percent and 34 percent, respectively, of all buses involved in fatal crashes.

• Over the past year (from 2015 to 2016):
    • The number of large trucks involved in fatal crashes increased by 3 percent, from 4,074 to 4,213, and the large truck involvement rate (large trucks involved in fatal crashes per 100 million miles traveled by large trucks) remained constant at 1.46.
    • The number of buses involved in fatal crashes decreased from 263 to 227, a decrease of 14 percent.
    • Over the past year (from 2015 to 2016):
    • The number of large trucks involved in fatal crashes increased by 3 percent, from 4,074 to 4,213, and the large truck involvement rate (large trucks involved in fatal crashes per 100 million miles traveled by large trucks) remained constant at 1.46.
    • The number of buses involved in fatal crashes decreased from 263 to 227, a decrease of 14 percent
How about HYWAY Auto Fires (only on Hyways!)
NFPA

Last edited:
Is Donald Trump actually mad or just stupidly naiive?
They really [super] wealthy love him. $1.5 trillion tax relief. So do the Banksters (as per usual they were biggest donors and Trumps first 5 appointments, if I remember right, were Goldman Sachs people. Not to forget defense contractors who are getting an extra $165 billion from the DoD budget. Drone killing expensive now days. Can't kill Yemanese fast enough. Saudis are a great customer now.