Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not able to charge at super charging stations.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Saturday I was on a trip from Charleston to Atlanta and I stopped in Augusta, GA to charge. The Navigation advised a 40 min charge was required, after an hour I had charged less than 40 miles. I went to a different Super Charging station near by and the car would not charge at all. Went back to the first charger and again would not charge at all. I was on the phone with Tesla Support and they could not see anything wrong with the Super Charging stations or my car and advised me to try a destination charger. I could charge about 6 mi/hr and after 7 hours I had just enough miles to make it back to Charleston. There are no Superchargers close to Charleston where I live and Tesla is insisting I take it to a Super Charging station 70 miles away and I can't make it to a service center without Super Charging. They have stated there is nothing wrong with the vehicle and today I took it to a charge point station and my J1772 adapter melted in the charging port. Can anyone provide any guidance?
20190825_165203.jpg
20190825_165203.jpg
20190825_165055.jpg

Attachments

• 20190825_165148.jpg
    20190825_165148.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 25
Your thing is toast, which fried your other thing, so it must be something in the you know, car part of it.

You have exactly the charge remaining in your battery to get that car to a repair place. But by now you've had a tow and this has been fixed.

Report back on the damage and parts list please.

• Funny
Reactions: ‘Merica
UPDATE: Car stopped charging completely regardless of the source. Tesla towed the vehicle to the Charlotte Service center. They have replaced the charge port and they will replace the high voltage cables from the charge port to the HV battery. I believe all items are covered under warranty since the car is less than a year old.

Reactions: Petrocelli
UPDATE: Car stopped charging completely regardless of the source. Tesla towed the vehicle to the Charlotte Service center. They have replaced the charge port and they will replace the high voltage cables from the charge port to the HV battery. I believe all items are covered under warranty since the car is less than a year old.

Did they replace your J1772 adapter as well? What did the other side of the adapter look like? (We have seen cases where the J1772 plug was worn and would cause the adapter to melt, but it usually doesn't melt on the Tesla side.)