Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not able to connect Tesla's Wifi to home network?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up a model X.
I was not able to connect to wifi, where all my other devices work fine.
In case you have any strange characters in you WiFi password; Did you try changing you password to something with just letters and numbers?

I ended up not connecting my car to my network. I fail to see the benefit, aside from giving it a good port scan. And I'm not going to make my password less secure for that.

In case you have any strange characters in you WiFi password; Did you try changing you password to something with just letters and numbers?

I ended up not connecting my car to my network. I fail to see the benefit, aside from giving it a good port scan. And I'm not going to make my password less secure for that.

Thanks. I have basic alphanumeric password. And now have the car on the guest wifi Network

I can tell you for certain that hyphens in WPA2/PSK passwords work. So I'd guess that there are other non alpha numeric characters that can satisfy common requirements for strong passwords. (Whether you want to experiment with finding them is another story.) Don't want to get into a debate about what constitutes a strong password. :p

Bruce.

Reactions: vrykolas
Just picking this up, my Model S won't connect to the work University WiFi, shame as it is blindingly fast, all home networks/WiFi is fine, but the system at work absolutely no joy. Password contains - in though like ...... one-two-foxtrot1234 Bah still trying to figure this one out :)