Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Automatically Switching from 3G to LTE when back in Coverage

markn455

Apr 8, 2016
Ball Ground, GA
I am having a problem with my connection not changing back to LTE when I drive into a 4G/LTE coverage area. When I start out on a drive from my home I only have 3G coverage. About 1-2 miles down the road I enter an LTE coverage area. My MS never switches to LTE. I can have 5 bars of signal and it won't switch. However, I can reboot the MCU and when it comes back up, presto I have 5 bars of LTE. Normally I wouldn't care but when it is "stuck in 3G" I have limited data functionality. Voice Commands don't work reliability, sometimes not at all. Streaming seems to work okay and maps data seems to work fine. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

cousin_IT

Face provided by boredhumans.com
Oct 27, 2020
Netherlands
Yes I do on MCU2, not sure if it is coverage related. Tesla is still “investigating”. Curious to learn how this will pan out once 3G is deactivated.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC