Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Charging to Set Percentage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I set my 2013 P85 to charge to 85% overnight( Gen2 Mobile 14-50 @32A). Get out to car in the AM, still plugged in and it shows 82% "charging complete". It used to charge to where I set it, now it seems to not reach the set percentage. Tried 74%, "charging complete" at 71%. Not sure why this started happening? I tried searching this out, but was unable to find similar issue on the board, any ideas? Car works great otherwise...
TIA
Kaveman

What does your notification on your phone say wrt capacity? You always lose a few miles overnight, what matters is the SOC at the moment the charging completed. Not several hours later. As far as vampire drain is concerned, your P85 is consuming significantly more power because Tesla has changed the battery and cooling behavior via software. Now the coolant loop will run for hours on end at SOC of 80% or higher and the battery will be cooled more aggressively while driving and charging. All of this adds up to greater power consumption, higher cost, and increased wear on components. All without disclosure, without informing affected owners, and without any repercussions on Tesla.

Have you supercharged lately? Tesla has significantly lowered supercharging speed on all 85 batteries via the same software updates. I averaged 70 kWh the last time I supercharged. We should all be furious.

Like what all has said so far, you will loose some power as it sits. If it still plugged in the car should recharge the battery back up. When I look at TeslaFi, I'll see 6 to 8 times a day there's a charging event if the car sits. I would recommend a full reboot and see if that clears up some things.

Ok so the car charged up to 85% like you told it to then it lost some juice before you got in to drive pretty normal behavior. My car loses up to 6% overnight, sometimes its only 2% it just depends on how hot the garage is and how often the AC has to kick on to cool the cabin or the battery overnight.