Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Checking For Updates On Demand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else have this?

After updating to 2022.28.1, seems I can only request to check for update once a day.

No matter what and when I press, it stays Your software is up to date as of 19 Sep 7:25am.

It will only check tomorrow with as of tomorrow’s date and will stay like that the whole day.

• Informative
Reactions: Stach
There was a period where this command stopped working for multiple days. It is an asynchronous command to a Tesla service, that Tesla service/machine must be up and answering requests. There might be a temporary glitch, it should come back soon.
I tried this morning as I want to know when I'll get 2022.28.x. As it often does, the first time gave me an answer from yesterday but the second time worked.

Reactions: dwong8
I have been experiencing this for 4 days now on .28.2. Tried on Wi-Fi and LTE, and tried restarting the car but that did not fix the issue. Did this just resolve on its own, or did either of you two have to manually do something? Thanks!

I still go to the software page from time to time when driving, if I know (from TeslaFi) tha a new version has already been pushed to a lot of people. Sometimes this will detect the new version, sometimes I'm just not due yet.
Even if I don't check, I should eventually get the notification. I just don't remember what case it was for each update.

Yeah, was about to post about this. Seems to be oblivious to Reddit as everyone there was puzzled when I mentioned it.

Take a look at those two screenshots. I just took them this morning. At 8:46am, it still says, without the "checking for updates" line first, that the car was up to date as of 8:55 yesterday (Oct 15). The second screenshot was today at 8:56. It did show "checking for updates" and then updated the line to up to date as of right now.

I find a 24 hours interval is too long. They should have put it to at most 12 hours.

No, or we are all in it. They changed something so that no one can check more than once per day. It's not just you :)
When I posted this on Reddit last week, people at the same version as me (2022.28) told me they were able to check for updates more than once a day.

I wish they would allow at least twice a day so I could check every evening when coming back home instead of it always drifting further and further into the night.

Anybody else have this?

After updating to 2022.28.1, seems I can only request to check for update once a day.

No matter what and when I press, it stays Your software is up to date as of 19 Sep 7:25am.

It will only check tomorrow with as of tomorrow’s date and will stay like that the whole day.
Why are you even checking everyday? I have had one car for 6 years and never checked for an update: they just come when ready! Relax and enjoy the car. For the most part you will just get a minor bug fix anyway.

It takes a few seconds as I leave the car and do it when a new year.x update is starting to be pushed to hundreds of cars on Teslafi. Like I was hoping to get the new energy page and Superchargers additional information before my trip to Toronto.