Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not enough Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at the numbers the savings are far greater in Europe. The only exeption is perhaps if you have access to very cheap electricity (i.e. solar panels).

Gas is even cheaper in america but so is their electricity.

Leaf is obviously unsuitable for australia unless you maybe just drive around in sydney or melbourne and fancy paying for old tech...

It's not just about fuel savings, it's also about lower maintenance, longer warranty, far longer lifespan of the vehicle, driving pleasure and never having to line up at a fuel station while the owner of the car in front picks through the Krispy Kremes at the counter, I live near a fuel station/quickie mart, I drive past it every day, the fuel price jumps from $1,10 to $1.42 overnight, at $1,10 the cars are 5 deep at each bowser, I drive past, go home and plug in, it takes 5 seconds.
As for fuel savings, there's a belief that those who can afford a $100,000 plus car dont care about the fuel price, some may not but many still do, it's human nature, and believe me the savings are large even with high grid prices, when Electric cars with decent driving range are affordable to most of the population those savings are highlighted further, even in Australia vehicles that are moved solely with internal combustion engines are on their way out, they'll be a keepsake item for weekend car meets, day to day transport will be electric.

Been waiting for my lotto numbers to come in. Still trying. Love all the information and advice the form has given me. All the groundwork (concrete and bases) seem to be done. Electrical contractor van was parked there too. Spoke to Tesla person showing model X. Said two weeks. Could be Tesla time

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq