Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting any software updates??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that tesla forgot those 2021,4,21,3 and keep them stuck
Yep. They forgot every car they have sold in the last 5 months. I'm sure this is it. They probably plan to keep everyone there forever as punishment for not buying a Model 3 earlier. I think they also monitor this forum and will likely start downgrading those who complain the most.

Yep. They forgot every car they have sold in the last 5 months. I'm sure this is it. They probably plan to keep everyone there forever as punishment for not buying a Model 3 earlier. I think they also monitor this forum and will likely start downgrading those who complain the most.
It is fuuny that tesla won't focus on software for their latest model but roll out updates for old ones

It is fuuny that tesla won't focus on software for their latest model but roll out updates for old ones
If you would bother to read... Tesla has two main branches... vision only and vison+radar... the "vision+radar" is what it always has been for years, it's what the VAST MAJORITY of Teslas have, and it's still where all of the main line development is for that reason.. The vision only is new and where all of the new new neural net development is concentrated... not the new other features like "car wash mode" etc.... with the next major release, they will be merging the two and then all will be on the same version again.

As ALSO has been pointed out... Tesla probably always planned to do this, but chip shortages forced it to happen earlier than they originally wanted to.

Why is this all so hard to comprehend?

They have one group of teams working on advancements of FSD and other future facing features and another team working on software compatibility of the other groups of microprocessors that they are rolling out because of the chip shortage. Once they get reasonable stability work the microprocessor group, they'll start working on merging those branches into the main code trunk that has all the other updates from the main group.

They have one group of teams working on advancements of FSD and other future facing features and another team working on software compatibility of the other groups of microprocessors that they are rolling out because of the chip shortage. Once they get reasonable stability work the microprocessor group, they'll start working on merging those branches into the main code trunk that has all the other updates from the main group.
But...but...but...I want updates nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Some vision only cars have reported getting updates past 2021.3.106 in another post,I hope the .104s get the same luck soon!
Let's not conflate vision only with IC shortage cars. All of the IC shortage cars are vision only because they are newer, but many vision only cars have been getting updates the whole time. Specifically, 2021.4.x cars are not IC shortage and 2021.3.x and 2021.11.x are IC shortage (possibly two or more different flavors of IC shortage too).

But yeah, there are now multiple reports of .3.106 and .3.106.5 and .11.102.2 getting the update. None from older revisions of those branches though.

Reactions: Rnldbmw
Come on you spurs 😉. All vision only cars will be join the main branch with FSD beta 10.1.
I'm not as familiar with Tesla software and how it works lol. If you're talking FSD beta 10.1, that is getting released 10/1 I believe but that isn't for the mass public. So I imagine I still won't be getting any software updates til Thanksgiving or Christmas then. I don't have FSD either.

#COYS

Let's not conflate vision only with IC shortage cars. All of the IC shortage cars are vision only because they are newer, but many vision only cars have been getting updates the whole time. Specifically, 2021.4.x cars are not IC shortage and 2021.3.x and 2021.11.x are IC shortage (possibly two or more different flavors of IC shortage too).

But yeah, there are now multiple reports of .3.106 and .3.106.5 and .11.102.2 getting the update. None from older revisions of those branches though.
You are completely right. Many new Tesla owners here in Germany have the same problem. Our cars still have the radar and this are not vision only cars. That’s why I agree that it’s likely due to the IC shortage and not the vision only aspect of the cars.

I'm not as familiar with Tesla software and how it works lol. If you're talking FSD beta 10.1, that is getting released 10/1 I believe but that isn't for the mass public. So I imagine I still won't be getting any software updates til Thanksgiving or Christmas then. I don't have FSD either.

#COYS
The public will have an option to request access to the beta.

#COYS

But only is you have FSD.
All cars run the FSD stack. If you’re not subscribed or did not buy FSD, some of the FSD flags are turned off (navigate on autopilot, traffic light control e.t.c.

If you ever subscribe to FSD or bought FSD, you’ll noticed that the car will reboot and in less than 2 minutes magically all the FSD stuff are available (that’s because a new config file has been loaded).

All cars run the FSD stack. If you’re not subscribed or did not buy FSD, some of the FSD flags are turned off (navigate on autopilot, traffic light control e.t.c.

If you ever subscribe to FSD or bought FSD, you’ll noticed that the car will reboot and in less than 2 minutes magically all the FSD stuff are available (that’s because a new config file has been loaded).
yes, my point was if you don’t have FSD (meaning paid for it) you cannot request access to the beta.

Reactions: boaterva
Anyone stuck on 2021.3.106.5? Took delivery 9/5 and been on that ever since. Don't even have Disney+ yet...super old software. TeslaFi says only 0.5% of the fleet are running this still...
That version is less than a month old. If you go through and read some of the threads from the start, you'll find me talking about this. The .3.x and .11.x are factory firmware in active development. Yes, it is well behind in terms of features, but it is not chronologically old as the `3` would suggest.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
That version is less than a month old. If you go through and read some of the threads from the start, you'll find me talking about this. The .3.x and .11.x are factory firmware in active development. Yes, it is well behind in terms of features, but it is not chronologically old as the `3` would suggest.
Yes, that is correct. But as you mentioned it is behind in features. Historically, Tesla vehicles have not stayed on the factory firmware branch as long as the July and onwards models are doing right now. I wonder why that is.