Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting any software updates??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of MYP today and it came with 2021.35.102.2 - I'm connected to home wifi and have been trying to figure out why it can't force update to the latest software to take advantage of the new features like viewing sentry mode from the app and all... definitely irritating to find out that's not within control despite the software being out there and on other vehicles... is there a reason why? Can you call service to have it pushed?

Reactions: Jamezam
Just took delivery of MYP today and it came with 2021.35.102.2 - I'm connected to home wifi and have been trying to figure out why it can't force update to the latest software to take advantage of the new features like viewing sentry mode from the app and all... definitely irritating to find out that's not within control despite the software being out there and on other vehicles... is there a reason why? Can you call service to have it pushed?
I have this exact same version and took delivery on 11/12 - still no update... Always connected to Wi-Fi, and advanced toggled. I've restarted the car a few times and still no update. :(

• Informative
Reactions: Tezlowski
2021.35.102.2 seems to be the current factory build. My new Y LR was built this month and also came with/has that. As was stated, the cars can’t/won’t update to anything else until they are placed on the update list. I believe it took about a week for my X and 3 (4 and 3 years ago, respectively) to have that done and get something ‘current’. Also as far as I know, there is nothing to do but wait as it’s done (add all delivered cars) in batches at the mothership.

Reactions: deonfromdallas
I think Tesla is focused on the FSD betas more than rolling out updates to those of us with regular old AP. I've had my M3LR for 2.5 months now and am on 2021.36.5 for well over a month. That's several versions behind the most recent update.

I can confirm that entering into the FSD beta queue does not "speed up" software updates for new cars. I just found this thread after thinking it was odd that with a 100 score and 100+ miles that I still wasn't being added, even after 12 days. Well...its because new cars don't get software updates for month+. So who knows how much longer I have to keep up the safety score for my MYP that I picked up 11/23. (though I could remove myself and add myself again later, though I'm very used to driving in such a way to get a 100 safety score).