Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting firmware Updates!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have not received the latest 44 update. How long does it typically take to update the whole fleet?

Since Tesla often halts distribution of releases once they discover a bug - and then restart the entire process once they have the bug fixed. It can sometimes take months before all cars have been updated.

That's what we've seen with our S P85 since 2013...

But, if you aren't seeing releases for a month or longer and you have AP2 hardware, you should check with Tesla to verify you aren't having update problems.

• Informative
Reactions: SDRick
I was at the service center for a tire replacement and I asked them to stage the .44 update so I could update at home later. When I started it later, the update ran for a while then I got a notification that the update failed, followed by a notification 10 minutes later that a software update was available. When I checked the car, I now had Chill mode and the ability to keep the a/c on (and I checked both) even though the update had failed. And there was nothing showing in the car that I had another update waiting. Called Tesla and the noted that the update had in fact failed (must have failed only in part) and told me they would push it to me again. Took two days but another update notice appeared and the update ran without issue. With my p90D, I went 8 months without getting an OTA update. This started after an update last January. I had to go to the SC to get all of my updates and they never could figure it out. I wonder now if in fact some update didn't completely update and that clogged up the works. Guess we will see!