Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting OTA Updates (Still on 2019.12.1.1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is almost assuredly nothing wrong with your car. Regardless of what it SEEMS like on these boards, not everyone is getting the update all at once. It can take weeks (or longer) for updates to roll out. I have said this in a few threads, but my model 3 P, purchased in 12/04, with EAP and later upgraded to FSD, AND with "priority updates" earned as a referral award, is still on 12.1.2.

I have Hardware 2.5 as well, so the other thread that is intimating that "everyone with HW2.5 has this but us hardware 3.0 dont" is wrong.

Lots and lots and LOTS of people dont have the update yet, so there is nothing wrong. You just have to wait, like a lot of us do.

My less than a month old model 3 LR is still on 2019.12.1.1
I didn't receive any update notification on the app or in the car.
My car production date is April 2019
Anyone else not getting OTA updates in Canada?

Do you connect your car to WiFi often? If not updates only come over LTE after a long time or if their is a high priority safety/security update.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Make sure “Keep Climate On” is turned off, to get to the screen, put the car in Park first, press the Fan icon on the screen and you will see it there.

B41D9324-49AD-4641-8392-7DCCB86B1CE9.jpeg
My less than a month old model 3 LR is still on 2019.12.1.1
I didn't receive any update notification on the app or in the car.
My car production date is April 2019
Anyone else not getting OTA updates in Canada?

It’s broken. You must return it.

That’s a joke. Relax. Wait. When the car gets it, the car gets it. Except if you get an update error. Then you should take it to a service center, because Tesla’s system will “black list” a car that has updates fail multiple times and the only way to remove the black list is to have the service center perform the update then remove your VIN from the black list.