Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting paint protection film for your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to put no paint protection junk on my Model 3 and wash it by using an automatic touchless car wash...because it’s a car. I eagerly await the crazed replies.

Well it’s not a cheap car. I personally don’t understand how some people wouldn’t want to protect at least a portion of the most vulnerable parts of your expensive car. All I know is if I didn’t get the front half wrapped (now 9 months into ownership), it would be so trashed and effed up. I know so because the film itself has so many dings and what not now, luckily not on the paint itself but on the film. Worth every penny for protection and peace of mind!

Well it’s not a cheap car. I personally don’t understand how some people wouldn’t want to protect at least a portion of the most vulnerable parts of your expensive car. All I know is if I didn’t get the front half wrapped (now 9 months into ownership), it would be so trashed and effed up. I know so because the film itself has so many dings and what not now, luckily not on the paint itself but on the film. Worth every penny for protection and peace of mind!
Had PFF on my previous car, got rear-ended after 3 years and the car value took a dump. Doubt I am going to put it on the Model 3 and car value is mostly dependent on the year and mileage.

I was planning on not doing PPF and just filling in chips/scratches with the touchup paint, but I cannot find any for the Pearl White for my Model 3. Has anyone found any Pearl White touchup paint?
I ordered my blue touchup paint from TouchUpDirect.com and the color matches really well once it dries. Here's their white kit.

This place also lists the white kit for sale, but I don't have any personal experience with them.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Colors of Touch Up Paint

• Informative
Reactions: shrspeedblade
I was not intending to do PPF but after a road trip with a minor rock chip near the headlight and tons of bugs planted on the front bumper, I reluctantly changed my mind and put Suntek full hood, front bumper, mirrors and headlights. For now, I am holding off on ceramic coating since I put money into tinting and PPF. Possibly I would do ceramic coating myself or just wait on it.

Where has most of the damage occurred? Is it mostly just the front bumper portion?

The one advantage to the regular black paint is a big one: Its the easiest and cheapest to repaint. Unlike almost all other paints, straight black doesnt require blending, so you end up using far less paint. I went with the regular black paint, and if necessary ill repaint (or touchup) the front areas in a few years. Until then I will just use liquid detailer.

• Helpful
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq