Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting Software update

jaekim

Sep 20, 2019
Elk Grove CA
I have a brand new model x. I guess v10 is out and everyone seem to have installed but mines still on v9. What should i do to upgrade? Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• 090D87E9-672D-4740-995A-F4553A4254A5.jpeg
    090D87E9-672D-4740-995A-F4553A4254A5.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 65

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
The fleet consists of more than 300,000 cars now. Be patient Grasshopper. It will come. Having a brand new X does not move you to the front of the line. No offense.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
I have a brand new model x. I guess v10 is out and everyone seem to have installed but mines still on v9. What should i do to upgrade? Please help. Thank you.

I can take a while. Verify your car has Wifi access. And you might want to do a cold reboot (Hold down both buttons on steering wheel and brake. Count to 5. Let go. Wait 30-90 seconds for car to power off and restart. Expect all system to shutdown and stay down for 10 seconds or so.) Hopefully your car will pull down the update within a day of the cold reboot.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH

jaekim

Sep 20, 2019
Elk Grove CA
I can take a while. Verify your car has Wifi access. And you might want to do a cold reboot (Hold down both buttons on steering wheel and brake. Count to 5. Let go. Wait 30-90 seconds for car to power off and restart. Expect all system to shutdown and stay down for 10 seconds or so.) Hopefully your car will pull down the update within a day of the cold reboot.
Will try!! Thanks!!

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi Jaekim,

If you are sure the car has a good WiFi connection at home, garage or apartment,
you should see the ))) arcs on your display upper right confirming connection to WiFi.

My car occasionally does not reconnect to WiFi when I return home and it shows 3G or LTE.
It is a matter of selecting WiFi in your car and making sure it connects.
I usually check for WiFi connection before going inside to leave the car for the night...

When you are sure your WiFi connection is good and still do not see anything:
Use your Tesla App to schedule a service appointment.
There is an option for software upgrade... Put in the notes to check for "failed" software upgrade.
They can do this remotely and break the logjam and start the flow of fixes.

Good luck,

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: KerryOH

jaekim

Sep 20, 2019
Elk Grove CA
Hi Jaekim,

If you are sure the car has a good WiFi connection at home, garage or apartment,
you should see the ))) arcs on your display upper right confirming connection to WiFi.

My car occasionally does not reconnect to WiFi when I return home and it shows 3G or LTE.
It is a matter of selecting WiFi in your car and making sure it connects.
I usually check for WiFi connection before going inside to leave the car for the night...

When you are sure your WiFi connection is good and still do not see anything:
Use your Tesla App to schedule a service appointment.
There is an option for software upgrade... Put in the notes to check for "failed" software upgrade.
They can do this remotely and break the logjam and start the flow of fixes.

Good luck,

Shawn
Thank you for your advice. I do have the maximum strength wifi signal but still havent got an update notification. Everyone seem to have 2019.32.11 but mine says 2019.15.106( isnt this way behind?) when my car was manufactured last month. I even contacted my SA about this issue, but he just told me to wait.

ShawnA

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2017
Edwardsburg, MI
Hi Jaekim,

I cannot remember all of the acronyms...
If you do not have the Tesla app on your phone get it...
On the Tesla app choose your car and >>>>>>Schedule Service>Software Update
Leave the note I suggested above...
You need service not sales advice to wait, you have waited, it's not working...

Shawn

19x100D

May 30, 2019
New York
Ive had the same issue with v10 and past software updates. I made a appointment through the app for software problem. They will try and push it to you. If that doesn’t work you will have to bring it in to a sc like i did. It’s been there for 4 days and now they are waiting for engineers to look into it. It could be other issues with your vehicle if you are not getting them.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC