Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not informed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

I was at my local Walgreens today. A woman I was pulled up next to me honked her horn, I opened my window, and she asked “how did you do that”. I replied what do you mean”. She said how’d you get that tablet into there. We have a long way to go on education. Love my Tesla and love explaining my car.

It's getting there. I was shocked the other day when a guy pulled up next to me in a parking lot, signaled for me to put the window down and then asked me what kind of car i was driving. I was happy to share in a quick moment.

These cars are amazing and fun to drive.

Reactions: XLR82XS
I had a similar situation with a man in a parking lot earlier this year. I parked and got out to walk into the business and he said me:

"your car's so quiet and moved so fast forward to reverse - what kind of transmission does it have?"
None - I said. It's electric.
"It can't have NO transmission - that's impossible"
2 electric motors that drive the front and rear wheels
"are you crazy" - he said

He seemed upset thinking I was lying to him so I continued to walk into the business while my friend backed me up with some additional commentary. I believe the last thing I said was "tesla dot com" He proceeded to walk around the car and check the car out for bit once we entered the business.

• Funny
Reactions: CyberGus
I expect my CyberTruck to cause a commotion everywhere it goes, for a very long time. :)
Yup, me too.

I sure wish we could talk Elon into updating our CyberTruck reservation information to show an actual "number in line" rather than just "reserved." I'd love to know my position in line.

It took me two weeks after the official CyberTruck unveil to talk my wife into letting me order one. No idea how many hundreds of thousand of people are ahead of me.

Reactions: CyberGus
NOTE OF WARNING TO HOPEFUL CYBERTRUCK OWNERS: You will lose your anonymity. I have experienced this effect with the DeLorean, and I simply cannot go anywhere without it being noted and reported. "Hey, wow, just saw a DeLorean at 2:48 PM at the corner of 18th and Main, was that you Gus? Not sure if you'll see this so I posted it to your wall where all your friends and family will see it. Hope you didn't lie to your wife about where you were har har har!"

I'm sure all the Tesla early adopters can attest to the same effect, although the CT is significantly more visible.

NOTE OF WARNING TO HOPEFUL CYBERTRUCK OWNERS: You will lose your anonymity. I have experienced this effect with the DeLorean, and I simply cannot go anywhere without it being noted and reported. "Hey, wow, just saw a DeLorean at 2:48 PM at the corner of 18th and Main, was that you Gus? Not sure if you'll see this so I posted it to your wall where all your friends and family will see it. Hope you didn't lie to your wife about where you were har har har!"

I'm sure all the Tesla early adopters can attest to the same effect, although the CT is significantly more visible.

Eh- they only made like 9000 DeLoreans...total... many of which obviously aren't even on the road anymore.

They're likely to produce more CTs in one week at GigaAustin than all the DeLoreans in the world once they're up and running.... so they're not gonna be anywhere near the unicorn that is.

NOTE OF WARNING TO HOPEFUL CYBERTRUCK OWNERS: You will lose your anonymity. I have experienced this effect with the DeLorean, and I simply cannot go anywhere without it being noted and reported.

This effect won't last that long. Only about 9,000 DeLoreans were made. In excess of 500,000 Cybertruck reservations have been made.

They're likely to produce more CTs in one week at GigaAustin than all the DeLoreans in the world once they're up and running.... so they're not gonna be anywhere near the unicorn that is.

This effect won't last that long. Only about 9,000 DeLoreans were made. In excess of 500,000 Cybertruck reservations have been made.

You're not wrong, particularly here in Austin where you already can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Tesla. But amazingly, there are still people that don't know what a Tesla is, let alone a hulking stainless doorstop, so a public sighting will be an event.

I'm just saying, for the first year or two, when you're visiting your mistress, take the Corolla ;)

• Funny
Reactions: BrandX