Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

not install front plate and dual motor badge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To anyone who has dealt with a delivery recently... can you request that they not install the front license plate holder and dual motor badge on the back? I don't intend to keep either on the car so would just prefer them not be there when I pick it up.

This is probably more location specific and I'm unfamiliar wherever the 757 is, I am in Illinois which legally requires front plates. I asked about making sure its not installed (i haven't had one in 10 years with only 1 verbal warning) and they stated they don't install them by default. They will put them on if asked, otherwise the bracket is just in the car.

I imagine the dual motor badge is a non-starter as its installed at the plant.

This is probably more location specific and I'm unfamiliar wherever the 757 is, I am in Illinois which legally requires front plates. I asked about making sure its not installed (i haven't had one in 10 years with only 1 verbal warning) and they stated they don't install them by default. They will put them on if asked, otherwise the bracket is just in the car.

I wasn’t sure if it was installed at the plant or delivery center. If installed at the plant I suspect you’re correct I guess I’ll have to remove it myself. Thanks.

The 757 should either be in a hangar or in the sky. :cool:

I used to know where all the "real" area codes were. The new fake ones, I CBA to remember them, it's a horrible system. Moving to 8-digit phone numbers in all the existing area codes, instead of adding area codes would have been a better move, requiring only 8-digit dialing instead of 10-digit, and yielding 5x the numbers that an additional fake-ass area code would have created, and even allowed the eighth digit of 0 to signify a business number. But that pooch was screwed 30+ years ago. End rant.

I took delivery in Devon, PA. PA is a no-front-plate state, so I got a car with a clean front end and no bracket installed. I think it was in the frunk.

I had no special requests for badging, the dual motor badge was most likely installed at the factory and not at the sales center.

I'm in Texas and unfortunately we are a front license plate state. I just texted the SA and asked if they could not install the front plate bracket as I have one on order that bolts to the front lower grille. This is how we have it on our current M3. I don't want anything sticky on the paint if I can help it.

I honestly hate that Texas requires the front plate. Yes I know I technically don't need to install it but I don't want to get a ticket for not having it either.

Seems that the usual factory / delivery procedure is to leave the stick-on front license plate holder in the lower trunk. You can then install it if you want (or if the police stops you and tells you to put it on right there).
Yep. That is what they did when I picked up my X at the factory. And is still in the frunk on the plastic bag. I suspect it will stay in that bag until I turn it in 3 years from now.

I'm in Texas and unfortunately we are a front license plate state. I just texted the SA and asked if they could not install the front plate bracket as I have one on order that bolts to the front lower grille. This is how we have it on our current M3. I don't want anything sticky on the paint if I can help it.

I honestly hate that Texas requires the front plate. Yes I know I technically don't need to install it but I don't want to get a ticket for not having it either.
They probably want it to bill you for using all those toll roads.