Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

not many days left for December release of 8.1 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
carey-chance.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: cinemasatty
at least I have learned not to take a bet on Tesla dates.

guess they have been working hard on HW2, and HW1 dev got pushed.
One fairly safe bet is that this will be the pattern from now on, most of the work on HW2 with limited patches to HW1.

A disappointing if inevitable reality, especially as Elon has already said HW1 is already being pushed hard.
Does leave quite a few promised features undelivered on HW1 though.

BYT, I'm on the same track as you (trade my sig S85 009xx VIN i for 90D, got it day before Christmas Eve, now waiting impatiently for the AP2 enabling sw update. Oh and I leave on a 1600 mile road trip on Thursday. Maybe when I supercharge at a Tesla store/service center I'll get 'tagged' with the update. "All I want for Christmas is...."

Me three: I picked up an AP2 inventory S90D on Thursday and was shocked to learn how much I have come to rely on adaptive cruise and Autosteer. o_O

Come on, 8.1...

at least I have learned not to take a bet on Tesla dates.

guess they have been working hard on HW2, and HW1 dev got pushed.
One fairly safe bet is that this will be the pattern from now on, most of the work on HW2 with limited patches to HW1.

A disappointing if inevitable reality, especially as Elon has already said HW1 is already being pushed hard.
Does leave quite a few promised features undelivered on HW1 though.

I hope you agree with Tesla's strategy. Ap2 cars have nothing. Ap1 have some. Bring ap2 cars up to par and then release 8.1. Currently i have a very expensive car without cruise control. I think that is why he is working so hard on hw2 as he calls it.

The delay is related to qc...he has my support on that. Ild prefer he releases quality than junk.

Reactions: EinSV and wesley888
I'm kind of new to updates - do they come to all cars at once, or is there a rollout? I'd love to hear from the first person to have AP2 enabled so I don't have to go check my car every hour...;)

I check mine twice a night without an alarm...i thought I was the only on who is this love sick...you can go before me in the line for anxiety meds. ;-)

Me three: I picked up an AP2 inventory S90D on Thursday and was shocked to learn how much I have come to rely on adaptive cruise and Autosteer. o_O

Come on, 8.1...

No kidding. So much so that I drove my AP1 car to Houston and then left in the AP2 car. Even being well aware of current limitations of AP2, I still found myself a little surprised when, after engaging cruise control, it did not slow down for slower traffic ahead.