TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Not receiving iOS charge notifications last two days - just me?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by AmpedRealtor, Sep 28, 2015.

1. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I noticed that I stopped receiving charge completion notifications on my iPhone 6+ yesterday. I received a slurry of notifications the following day (today), but they all came through at once. The car finished charging today, but did not receive any notification. I updated my phone on Friday to 9.0.1, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Has anyone else had issues with their Tesla Model S notifications in iOS 9?

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I've been having similar issues with notifications appearing long after the actually occurred. I didn't upgrade to 9.0.1 until last night and this happened before that, so I don't think it's related to 9.0.1.

3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Thanks for confirming, this may be a general issue with iOS 9. I sure hope it gets fixed soon.

4. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

#4 AllenWong, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Notification delays are usually the fault of the notification servers (whether on Tesla's side or Apple's side) and not the end-user. Their (Apple's or Tesla's) servers were probably overwhelmed due to the massive influx of new iPhones (Sept 25 release date) starting to receive notifications on top of their old iPhones. I started receiving delayed notifications on Facebook messenger a few days ago while on iOS 8, so I think we just have to wait it out until people stop playing with their shiny new iPhones and the servers get some weight off their back.

If you're receiving it all at once, it's usually because the servers are trying to reduce the number of messages it has to send by having each message piggyback ride each other. This is one of the things that Apple warns app developers about for silent notifications, and tells us that we shouldn't expect notifications to arrive exactly on the time that we send them. And Apple is the one who chooses when to send the notifications.

5. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

#5 SW2Fiddler, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    I had two text notifications backed-up (delayed) that came in back-to-back um, 5 hours later... on Saturday.. the "charging interrupted" notice, so same thing as your symptom I suppose.
    edit: still non-iOS 9 by the way

Rick

6. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I got my last one 5 hours after it completed. I'm on 9.0.1.

7. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I see I'm not alone. I was somewhat confused when I got a charge complete notification here at work at 3pm, knowing that the charge finished at 1am this morning. I'm on 9.0.1 also.

8. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

I received a notice after 5 pm tonight that my car finished charging at 3 am...been having issues with the app as well as my LTE - not sure which is the problem. May be both...

9. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

My car went crazy Sunday morning (guessing around 3AM EDT) and started sending tens/hundreds of "charging started"/"charging interrupted" messages every minute. Perhaps it sucked up all the messaging bandwidth available! As of 11 AM it was still getting messages sent at 6 AM. I had to uninstall the App to stop the alerts.

10. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

Same issue here. Yesterday's notification came 5 hours late, and I didn't receive one today. iOS 9.0.1.

11. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Did you switch to Android? No? Then stop complaining. :smile:

12. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Yup, nothing ever goes wrong in candyland! :rolleyes:

13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

The past few days my iPhone (running iOS 9.0.1) app has been showing my Model S charging notifications many hours after the charging took place.

14. MikeS85D

MikeS85D Member

Yup, me too. Just started a few days ago. Now I'm getting notifications from yesterday at random times. iPhone 6+ with iOS 9.0.1

15. jkliu47

jkliu47 Member

It started a few days ago when I noticed Remote S wasn't updating - just hanging with message that servers are busy. This while my Model S app worked normally.
    Then my wife noticed that her Apple text messages with pics were being sent very very slowly (no problems with her WhatsApp and WeChat chats.)
    Then today I get the Tesla app charging notice almost 12 hours after the fact - when in the past they were immediate.
    I think AllenWong's explanation is most probably correct - Apple's servers are getting overwhelmed - perhaps by all those 13 million iPhone 6+'s delivered over the weekend.

(Apple iPhone 6 plus with iOS 9.0.1)

16. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

yup... was wondering what happened when I didn't see the charge notification this morning, but got it early evening today... thanks for sharing.

17. bint2k

bint2k Member

yes also having the same issue with iOS 9 and a iPhone 6

18. spotless

spotless Member

And one more in the lot. iPhone 6 + iOS 9.0.1.

19. rjt65

rjt65 Member

6+ iOS 9.0.1 - last charge this weekend. no charging complete notification. I did get a charging start notification

20. thedaysbetween

Yes... Notification Server

I believe the issue is related to the Tesla Servers. Apple Notifications are pretty robust. I suspect there is a delay in processing events and Tesla is not sending the request to Apple to notify our devices promptly.