Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not receiving iOS charge notifications last two days - just me?

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I noticed that I stopped receiving charge completion notifications on my iPhone 6+ yesterday. I received a slurry of notifications the following day (today), but they all came through at once. The car finished charging today, but did not receive any notification. I updated my phone on Friday to 9.0.1, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Has anyone else had issues with their Tesla Model S notifications in iOS 9?

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
I've been having similar issues with notifications appearing long after the actually occurred. I didn't upgrade to 9.0.1 until last night and this happened before that, so I don't think it's related to 9.0.1.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've been having similar issues with notifications appearing long after the actually occurred. I didn't upgrade to 9.0.1 until last night and this happened before that, so I don't think it's related to 9.0.1.

Thanks for confirming, this may be a general issue with iOS 9. I sure hope it gets fixed soon.

AllenWong

Dec 9, 2014
Orlando, FL
I noticed that I stopped receiving charge completion notifications on my iPhone 6+ yesterday. I received a slurry of notifications the following day (today), but they all came through at once. The car finished charging today, but did not receive any notification. I updated my phone on Friday to 9.0.1, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Has anyone else had issues with their Tesla Model S notifications in iOS 9?

Notification delays are usually the fault of the notification servers (whether on Tesla's side or Apple's side) and not the end-user. Their (Apple's or Tesla's) servers were probably overwhelmed due to the massive influx of new iPhones (Sept 25 release date) starting to receive notifications on top of their old iPhones. I started receiving delayed notifications on Facebook messenger a few days ago while on iOS 8, so I think we just have to wait it out until people stop playing with their shiny new iPhones and the servers get some weight off their back.

If you're receiving it all at once, it's usually because the servers are trying to reduce the number of messages it has to send by having each message piggyback ride each other. This is one of the things that Apple warns app developers about for silent notifications, and tells us that we shouldn't expect notifications to arrive exactly on the time that we send them. And Apple is the one who chooses when to send the notifications.

Last edited:

SW2Fiddler

We Are Cognitive Dissidents
Mar 19, 2014
Houston TX
I had two text notifications backed-up (delayed) that came in back-to-back um, 5 hours later... on Saturday.. the "charging interrupted" notice, so same thing as your symptom I suppose.
edit: still non-iOS 9 by the way

Rick

Last edited:

Gizmotoy

Sep 16, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I see I'm not alone. I was somewhat confused when I got a charge complete notification here at work at 3pm, knowing that the charge finished at 1am this morning. I'm on 9.0.1 also.

GOPJEW

Jul 5, 2015
Potomac, MD
I received a notice after 5 pm tonight that my car finished charging at 3 am...been having issues with the app as well as my LTE - not sure which is the problem. May be both...

woof

Fluffy Member
Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2009
My car went crazy Sunday morning (guessing around 3AM EDT) and started sending tens/hundreds of "charging started"/"charging interrupted" messages every minute. Perhaps it sucked up all the messaging bandwidth available! As of 11 AM it was still getting messages sent at 6 AM. I had to uninstall the App to stop the alerts.

jkliu47

Apr 30, 2013
Glendale, CA
It started a few days ago when I noticed Remote S wasn't updating - just hanging with message that servers are busy. This while my Model S app worked normally.
Then my wife noticed that her Apple text messages with pics were being sent very very slowly (no problems with her WhatsApp and WeChat chats.)
Then today I get the Tesla app charging notice almost 12 hours after the fact - when in the past they were immediate.
I think AllenWong's explanation is most probably correct - Apple's servers are getting overwhelmed - perhaps by all those 13 million iPhone 6+'s delivered over the weekend.

(Apple iPhone 6 plus with iOS 9.0.1)

rickgt

Enthusiast owner/member
Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2014
Carmel
yup... was wondering what happened when I didn't see the charge notification this morning, but got it early evening today... thanks for sharing.

Jan 11, 2014
Maryland, USA
Yes... Notification Server

I believe the issue is related to the Tesla Servers. Apple Notifications are pretty robust. I suspect there is a delay in processing events and Tesla is not sending the request to Apple to notify our devices promptly.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC