TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Not seeing percentage on charge limit slider

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Carguy949, May 4, 2014.

1. Carguy949

Carguy949 Member

Hi,
    When moving the slider to adjust the charge limit, I'm not seeing a percentage. I thought the actual number popped up when I got the new car walk through, but if don't see it now. What am I missing?

Thank you

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

There's no % indicator with the current version 5.9 of the firmware. It's apparently coming in v6.0 and was seen in the company Teslas that did the cross-country trip.

3. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

That was to display the current battery level. Don't think they showed a pic of the percent showing on the slider.

Carguy -
    Early versions of 4.5 (1.33.38 in particular) showed the percent on the slider (my car was delivered with that version and it had % numbers on the slider). Tesla has since removed the % numbers from the slider itself -- so you have to estimate from the marks on screen. VisibleTesla can be used to see the exact percent setting (and change it...).

4. tezco

tezco Sig P85

I think the first line below 100% might equate to the old 93% figure, but I don't know for sure.

5. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

There are graduations at 10% intervals on the green bar. They are almost invisible on an iPhone, but readily visible on the touch screen or an iPad. So you can estimate the percentage from that. The "daily" range runs from 50 to 90%, and the trip range up to 100%.