TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Not seeing tire pressure app in 7.0

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by vapor trail, Oct 16, 2015.

1. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Am I missing something? I updated to 7.0. Autopilot seems to work as advertised.

Problem is, I don't see the tire pressure monitor or app. Do I need to activate something in settings?

Thanks.

2. bigdomer

bigdomer Member

Hold down the right scroll wheel and then rotate down to settings once the dash "apps" come up. It is called "car status" or something like that.

3. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Once you find it, be advised you may have dashes next to your tires instead of numbers. Mine showed dashes for almost 2 days (over 100 miles of driving) before finally showing pressures.

Also, if you call Tesla about it, be warned some techs are clueless about it. One Tesla representative in CA told me that only cars with air suspension got it. (My car has coils and is showing tire pressures) So some of them are really mis-informed.

4. vapor trail

vapor trail Member

Found it. I have coil suspension too -- and my car has the app.

Thanks for the tips.

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I can't seem to locate the dash apps. on my screen the tpms button is off

6. Vexar

Vexar Member

Is this tech package only? I was told by another owner that it had to do with build date.

7. jlucero

jlucero Member

THE tire pressure thing is so awesome...finally we get that! will be cool when we can monitor the pressure from the tesla phone app!

8. mattwhite

mattwhite Member

Unless I'm missing something, the tire pressure data is not accessible on the 17" screen. Maybe this is coming in 7.1? It would be more convenient to check it there than have to use the steering wheel buttons to scroll and replace the dash widget every time you want to view it.

9. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

The local (SLC) service center told me pressures do not show up until driving above a certain speed. They do not display when the car is not moving. That appears to be how it's working in my S85.

10. garygid

garygid Member

Apparently the pre-AP cars, or the pre-50900 VIN cars, do not have the TPMS
    tire pressure display (car status, wheel icon) function.

Does somebody post-50900 (new type TPMS) but pre-AutoPilot hardware
    have the tire pressure display?

11. tezzla

tezzla Member

I agree, I'd rather have it on the 17" instead of taking up valuable IC space.

12. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Dumb question(s):

If the TPMS sensors don't show any data until you've driven around for awhile, doesn't that mean your tires have heated up by then? How do you compare the pressure from the sensors with the pressure you're supposed to measure manually when the tires are cold?

13. Vexar

Vexar Member

I stopped in at my service center and they said my VIN was way too low. I said that this was an implementation oversight, and I hope it shows up in a later build.

14. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I see no such "Status" App in my scroll wheel apps. I never had a numerical readout for TPS and I guess I still don't. I was hoping... That would be cool. I believe my car is just too "old". All I get is the Warning Light and it doesn't say which Tire is the culprit.