Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not so obvious benefits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not tried it yet ... but if you fold down the rear seats in the model S it looks big enough sleep 2 :cool: any one tried this ?

I haven't tried sleeping in the car, but I did have an XL twin mattress we were getting rid of. It fit in the back of the car and the hatch closed. I had to run the front seats up a bit and my SO had to take it to Goodwill (she could fit in the front, but I couldn't). We're buying a Murphy bed for a room downstairs we use as a guestroom sometimes and it will have a standard twin mattress. That would fit easily in the back and I'd only have to run up the seats a couple of inches, less than my SO's normal driving position.

Cat doesn't YOWWWLLLL when driving places like she does in an ICE car. Just looks at touch screen or out the window ...like a dog.

My cats have been very mellow about riding in my Model S. When we picked one up from the breeder last summer, we got stuck in Portland traffic and crawled for over an hour. She was completely mellow about the whole thing until we were a few miles from home, but she used the catbox within about 15 minutes of getting home, so it might have been the call of nature.

Last week I had to take her to the vet for a urinary tract infection and at one point I had to goose it a bit to get around someone doing 45 on the freeway and she did freak out at the sudden acceleration. She bellowed louder than I have ever heard. On the way back she was a little antsy for the first mile or two, but soon curled up and slept most of the way home.

Part of her panic may also have been separation from the other cat. They haven't been apart since last August. When we got home the two of them ran to one another and made sure the other was OK. My SO said the other one paced the house searching for the one I took the vet the whole time I was gone.

Seriously, you live close enough to the metro Richmond area to discover how many owners already exist here. And you're close to a Service Center opening up (I think) late this summer. Owners by and large are very polite around here and willing to either chat or leave you alone.

hsctiger93. Is the Richmond Service Center for sure going to open?

You can sit and run the AC or listen to music in the garage without killing yourself and the environment. Road trips with Autopilot are absolutely the most relaxing road trips I've every had. So nice. Even the supercharger stops are great. I tend to go for 1-2 mile jogs while getting 15 minute charges along the interstate.

And best of all - Tesla Model S is 40% less likely to be involved in an accident and even then, you are more likely to survive an accident thanks the the off the 5 star + crash rating. Do you really need more justification than safety of you and your loved ones? That's what put me over the edge.

Haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if these have already been mentioned, but here are some of the less-talked-about benefits I love:

1. No need to go through the sequence of "shift to P, turn off the ignition, engage parking brake, lock the car" sequence when you arrive at your destination. Just press "P" and walk away. The car takes care of everything else. On level ground, with "creep mode" turned off you may not even need to press "P".

2. One-pedal driving (most of the time). This gets talked about to some extent with EVs but I really do find it much more convenient than two-pedal driving.

3. Being able to set the AC to come on automatically when the cabin gets too hot. You don't need to remember to turn on the AC when heading over to the car (or worse, get into a scorching hot car).