Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not stopping in time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else experience the feeling that you’re not going to stop in time when using regenerative breaking and being forced to press the break peddle manually?

most of the time it is spot on but on occasion usually after startup I fell like X will crash into regicide in front of me.

Has anyone else experience the feeling that you’re not going to stop in time when using regenerative breaking and being forced to press the break peddle manually?
most of the time it is spot on but on occasion usually after startup I fell like X will crash into regicide in front of me.
What % are you charging up to? Depending on your daily drive you may only need something between 70% to 90%. If you are charging to 100% then it is limiting your regen like Dave mentioned above. This would be on your display as well depending on your vehicle (3/Y or S/X).
GjvSc44.jpg
awtpIxF.jpg

Reactions: elguapo
Mystery but then you provided very few details. temps, terrain, Model year, OTA version, etc, etc. I'm fine when I'm at 90% in my '17 X on 2021.4.12 in Chicagoland temps.
At 90% even on a 55F day, my car requires a little manual braking unless I have driven enough to warm the battery. I act according to what the car is doing, rather than what some indicator does or does not show.

Reactions: ngng and scottf200