Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not sure if its an error, but the site shows 100+ model 3's within 100 miles of me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not saying the stealth is not sellable at whatever they are going to charge for it.
I am saying Telsa made a pricing error if the 19" Stealth costs $5K less than the 18" Stealth

What they will do moving forward with the error, who knows?

Well, their glitch just cost $100. All those appear to be PreProduciotn according to my SA (I spoke to 3 today).
THought I would be driving back a car today but not. So now I have two orders - 1 custom one from this inventory car. Let us see which comes in firs.t

Well, their glitch just cost $100. All those appear to be PreProduciotn according to my SA (I spoke to 3 today).
THought I would be driving back a car today but not. So now I have two orders - 1 custom one from this inventory car. Let us see which comes in firs.t

Not sure I believe pre-production but yes I knew those cars just didn't appear at the showrooms overnight.
When I bought my car was the same thing.

Was watching for awhile and all of sudden a bunch of new cars showed as in stock available at my local center. I called them, gave them the Vin(s) ; there were multiples I was checking on
and all of them were in some transit stage from CA to MA. None were in Dedham, MA yet or even anywhere close by.
All were made but many still at the factory, some in route to MA but all were at least a week away so I choose the one closest to get it as soon as I could and still was a couple of weeks before I drove off with it.

Seriously the forum knows more than 90% of SA's so ask questions here first and go from there.

There were definitely cars that showed as pre-prod and some that were available. Check out the pic..
Too bad all the cars don't show up in inventory anymore..
2020-02-14_7-46-36-jpg.511076

Unbelievable! This is a "technology" company that is trading at $800.. if I were an investor lurking around these forms and come across stuff like we are reporting here, I might be very fearful of even investing $100... and they just opened up another $2 billion in investments!

I mean zero sense = there is some sort of pricing error that Tesla may or may not fix on one of the 2 cars

No one would pay $5K more for a Stealth with 18's vs. a Stealth with nicer looking 19" rims. You can spend a billion dollars on market research or you can use common sense and come to the same conclusion.

Not to mention, this car (18" stealth for the full performance cost) has never once been sold at a dealer lot so there is zero history that Telsa has about that.

You’re assuming that the people who buy these cars know or care about the other one with 19 inch wheels. There are tons of people out there who don’t even know how to search for a car, what to look for, how to cross shop, online orders vs showroom orders, etc. Somebody will see that car, like the looks, and just buy it.

They have a nice business model. SP let us give those guys lot of credit. They are genius

1. Introduce an Order Fee.
2. Throw 600 Vins as existing inventory.
3. People like me who want to get car ASAP throw additional $100 into a new order.
4. Tell it was a false alarm as the inventory is actually preproduction.
5. Tell the customer "Tough luck. Order fee is non-refundable"
6. No effort $60,000 in pocket overnight.(Roughly)
7. Repeat every 15 days.

Unbelievable! This is a "technology" company that is trading at $800.. if I were an investor lurking around these forms and come across stuff like we are reporting here, I might be very fearful of even investing $100... and they just opened up another $2 billion in investments!

This has been true since the launch of the model 3 with Telsa.
General communication is comical bad. They make errors all of the time, poorly communicate to customers, sales staff, don't answer emails, phones, texts promptly.
Their product is amazing though!

You’re assuming that the people who buy these cars know or care about the other one with 19 inch wheels. There are tons of people out there who don’t even know how to search for a car, what to look for, how to cross shop, online orders vs showroom orders, etc. Somebody will see that car, like the looks, and just buy it.

I totally understand your view and agree on what you are pointing out; we are just arguing over different things.
I am saying it is a Telsa pricing error on one of the 2 cars (18" & 19") which at some point Telsa will resolve (likely not to the customers' satisfaction). That is the only argument I am making ; one of them is not priced right and will be changed by Tesla.

Let's check back in a couple of weeks and see who is correct. If they keep the 19" stealth cheaper than the 18" stealth I will acknowledge as such.

They have a nice business model. SP let us give those guys lot of credit. They are genius

3. People like me who want to get car ASAP throw additional $100 into a new order.
7. Repeat every 15 days.

Arvin, I think you may have exposed a flaw in their new $100 fee.
Not long ago, the fee was $2000 but was fully refundable in such cases.

There were definitely cars that showed as pre-prod and some that were available. Check out the pic..
Too bad all the cars don't show up in inventory anymore..
2020-02-14_7-46-36-jpg.511076

Thanks for sharing. Did not see the Pre-Production note on any of them when I looked this morning.
Saw what was showing is in Dedham, MA and in San Francisco, CA this morning but knew for certain they were not actually there based on previous experience from following Telsa model 3 for multiple quarters.

7. Repeat every 15 days.
Same thing happened to me. Refuse to give me my 100 back.

Folks, let’s not talk nonsense here. If you place an order for a car on Tesla’s web site and they tell you the car does not exist and was posted in error, you are going to get your $100 back. They are not in the business of posting false ads for cars that don’t exist just to try and screw somebody out of $100.

And yes, the Performance cars with 19’s that were listed on the site were posted in error and are not going to be built. And the 18’s that were posted at the old Stealth prices were also in error and Tesla is correcting them. That doesn’t mean someone might get lucky and get one before Tesla fixes it. But they have made it clear that they are not selling Stealths at the old AWD + $2K pricing anymore.

well my TA said his regional manager confirmed they will be honoring the 50,490$ for the stealth model model 3 performance that i reserved at midnight this past night. My model 3 performance i ordered on january 4th was delivered to the dealer today by coincidence. I was checking on tesla last night/this morning and found the stealth model for 50,490$ and reserved it. I'm keeping my original normal model 3 performance on order just in case. But my TA told me several times they will definitly be honoring the price. I don't know who to believe!!!!