TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

not sure what this connector is...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sprinter200m, Mar 13, 2020.

1. sprinter200m

sprinter200m New Member

hi. i recently bought a 2017 model s 75 and one of the first things i wanted to do was update the interior lights. i ordered a complete set from abstract ocean. upon further investigation i realized that my car doesn’t have all of the lights connected, so my car was not premium. i located the wires in the trunk and will go inside the door panels for the puddle light wires, but i’m not sure about the connector for the one under the front driver and passenger seats. i see a connector wire, but i’m not sure if it’s the right one for the light. i don’t want to plug it in and find out the hard way that it was the wrong one. it looks like a yellow wire and a red/green wire. i have included pictures below. any insight would be most appreciated. thanks.

Attached Files:

2. murphyS90D

murphyS90D Member

I can't see under there. Here is a picture showing the light under my driver seat.

20200314_095936.jpg

3. rooter

rooter Member

That's the wire that Elon uses to activate your ejection seat if you even -think about buying an ICE car. Do -not- connect that wire.

Seriously there is only one connector used for the interior lights and that looks like it.

4. sprinter200m

sprinter200m New Member

thanks for the assistance rooter. i’ll let you know how it goes when i try installing them.