Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not the UK Supercharger Site News thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - the following off topic posts moved from "UK Supercharger Site News"

Just been to South mimms and saw a tesla reversed up to the wrong side of the supercharger which got me thinking...in theory, 2 cars could plug into the same stall at the same time. Anyone have any idea what would happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been to South mimms and saw a tesla reversed up to the wrong side of the supercharger which got me thinking...in theory, 2 cars could plug into the same stall at the same time. Anyone have any idea what would happen?
I thought I read somewhere on Tesla's website, that if the chargers are all 'full', then you can share a charger (that has 2 cables) and the power is shared between 2 cars, as the 1st gets full, more power is diverted to the 2nd...
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but someone else might know more.

I thought I read somewhere on Tesla's website, that if the chargers are all 'full', then you can share a charger (that has 2 cables) and the power is shared between 2 cars, as the 1st gets full, more power is diverted to the 2nd...
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but someone else might know more.

No, the sharing is not cables in a single stall but cables to a pair of stalls (1a 1b, 2a 2b, ...) on pre V3 SuCs

Oh I see, got the wrong end of it there, cheers for that.
My car arriving next week (am a leaf owner)
So when you park for charging, you need to be 1 stall away from the neighbour's car. Else you'll be sharing the output?
Like use every other charging stall?
Yes on V2 stalls. (Two cables). V3 stalls don't matter (one CCS cable) but still courteous to leave room.

note: V2 stalls aren’t always sequentially laid out, so always best to check the stall numbers. Obviously it can’t be helped if the other stalls are in use at which point best to try and judge who will be finished first or if there’s an older Model S there that won’t be using much power...

• Informative
Reactions: 26ct2143
Used the Fastned 175kw charger in Newcastle
City centre today. Charged me £20 to add 200miles in around 30mins. A bit steep!
yes Fastned are not cheap. They are priced as if they are in Holland where that sort of price is normaal.
A Swedish outfit near me is charging 30p per kWh + 50p connection fee for AC charging and I wonder if perhaps they haven't noticed the neighbouring Tesco's.
Whilst it's good to see new suppliers entering the arena, their pricing should be competitive.
Great to see Gridserve setting the standard for an EV stop, not only with their facilities but their pricing for DC charging too.

Picked up my car from Edinburgh today. While doing the supercharger spiel the Tesla guy mentioned that the Edinburg SuCs would be up and running in the new year. Not sure if he was being specific or that was just a rough timescale.

Picked up my car from Edinburgh today. While doing the supercharger spiel the Tesla guy mentioned that the Edinburg SuCs would be up and running in the new year. Not sure if he was being specific or that was just a rough timescale.
Was the service centre using the space for new cars? It looked like the superchargers could have been ready a long time ago, I thought maybe they were delaying the opening as the service centre needed the parking space for the quarter end deliveries.

Last edited:

I wonder who will be right? Tesla say "2020" and last week someone speaking to the local service team was told "next week" (i.e. this week).

Was the service centre using the space for new cars? It looked like the superchargers could have been ready a long time ago, I thought maybe they were delaying the opening as the service centre needed the parking space for the quarter end deliveries.

I'm thinking that Edinburgh is hoping for some breathing space with new car deliveries now that Northern Ireland has its own SC and Glasgow and Aberdeen are either open or about to open for deliveries. Up to now every space has been needed.

Yes. There were loads of cars and from what he said they were expecting more. This could be the reason for any potential delay.

• Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77
I'm thinking that Edinburgh is hoping for some breathing space with new car deliveries now that Northern Ireland has its own SC and Glasgow and Aberdeen are either open or about to open for deliveries. Up to now every space has been needed.
All change for Scottish service centres then. Edinburgh will be moving to a new site next quarter too!

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado