Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not to use screen protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen has been naked for over a year without any issues or scratches. Lots of pros and cons on using one in various threads. I clean the screen around the same time the interior of the car gets cleaned. Just put it in screen clean mode and wipe it with a clean microfiber cloth.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I order it but debating to use it or not. Do I need protector or not. I pretty accurate with iPhone and such
If fingerprints bother you and you don't want frequently clean the screen the you will appreciate the protector. The install requires good preparation as any dust settling on the screen while you are installing the protector will have to be removed, else it will form an air bubble. The Spigen screen protector probably has the best installation tool.

I waited to install the AO screen protector I had purchased for a few months. What made me decide to install the screen protector was one time reaching for the dash board. The snap on the sleeve of my jacket hit the edge of the screen. Nothing happened that time but a new screen costs ~$1300 US.

Two issues with the screen; reflections and fingerprints. A matte screen protector will help reduce reflections and make the fingerprints invisible. A screen protector can also protect the screen from damage. All in all, a worthwhile addition.

Check out Abstract Ocean (AO) and Spigen (sold on Amazon).
Exactly why I installed the Spigen matte. I didn't like the glare of the glossy screen during my test drives. I still picks up fingerprints, but not as noticeable.

Is some one not to use screen protector and happy with out it? Got car yesterday, order screen protector and debating to install it. Opinions?
I got the AO matte screen protector before I received my car. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't like how the matte screen looked, but after installation I've been 100% happy with it. I think it probably isn't really needed, as I don't think the screen is that prone to getting scratched, but if it protects the screen from even one incident it would have been worth it.

Since you already have the screen protector, you might as well install and see how you like it. If not, just toss it. It's not a huge investment anyway.

I was fully planning to get an AO matte screen protector but my partner was skeptical, so we decided to try going without first. 4.5 months later I don't think we will ever bother. We don't live in a super-sunny climate but did have an unseasonably dry and warm summer this year and the glare was never bothersome. Fingerprints have been easy enough to wipe off with a microfiber glass-cleaning cloth. Quite happy without one.

Reactions: Big Earl and jcanoe
I order it but debating to use it or not. Do I need protector or not. I pretty accurate with iPhone and such
If you have a screen protector on your iPhone, the blur that is introduced as a result of the screen protector won’t bother you much.

I haven’t had any screen protectors on my iPads nor iPhones in 7 years. I purchased the Spigen Matte screen protector because everyone swears by it, I removed them two days after installed because the blur gave me headache.

I then wasted more money buying the Abstract Ocean ones, same results. My screen has been naked for about 4 months now.