Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Not under warranty" - Charging port was replaced during accident and needs to be fixed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a quarter panel repair on the charging port side of my car. The charging port piece was replaced and installed as well.

Since I've gotten it back, a "charging port fault' error has been occurring WHILE DRIVING randomly for a second, due to what I now know was an incorrect installation after the accident.

Basically I was told by the new tesla repair shop that "the older body shop shaved away too much metal and the port is loose".

Tesla said I need to pay $200 for the repairs. What else do I need from them to take back to my original body shop so that I can get that reimbursed? I've only had the car back a month.

I called my insurance and they stated that I need to take it back to the original body shop to get it reimbursed. No other option, even if they take it to the real tesla shop after that (which they dod for the port installation last time).

Sadly the real tesla shop may have already fixed it so I may be SOL.

I also don't want to take it back to the original body shop. It looks months for the original work and if they installed it incorrectly i dont trust them to fix it. Not going to wait another month for bullshit work.