TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Nothing There at 60 MPH

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by vfx, Aug 2, 2011.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

On Monday I jumped on a freeway and at the top the ramp the car did nothing beyond 60 MPH. A very weird feeling to be stepping on the accelerator and have act like it was topped out. The problem lasted about a minute and then it was OK

details: 120 or so ideal miles, Standard mode, Temps were are fairly low.

Are the car logs time stamped? If I tell the store/Tesla engineers that this happened on Monday twix 2 and 4PM could they find it?
    Only time it's ever happened.

2. scott451

scott451 KWH-PWR#1349Sprt,S Sig#96

Yes. The drive records are time stamped every second. Send me the logs and I can take a look. But it sound like you had a traction control event as you were coming up the ramp. Was the road bumpy?

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Thanks Scott,

Yeah TC is likely the culprit if that's a symptom.

Road not bumpy but I still have these wanky Falken rear tires for a few more days. I'll send you my files tomorrow.

4. Tommy

Tommy Member

Another reason the TC might have engaged: The paint markings on the road can cause drive wheels to slip, especially if the paint has been applied over the years and is really built up. On my underpowered honda, I feel like a bit of a racer when this phenomenon happens.:biggrin: