TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Notice deep cuts in glass

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by ETank, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ETank

ETank Member

Took delivery of P3 on 12/26. Took it in to get tinted today and they noticed two deep cuts on the driver window after tinting. The tint applied on side windows are from a template so no cutting was done. Tesla said they won’t replace the window because the car is now “modified” ??? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

Yeah i hate to say it but if they told w there was no cutting, but you found the cuts eight after you had it tinted..well then yeah. Probably they made some cuts in your glass. I wouldn’t believe them.

• Like x 2
  3. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

#3 SMAlset, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    I have to think any competent tint installer would inspect the window glass prior to any work and point out any defects to you and hold off doing any work until you gave the okay. In this case the scratches were found after their work and so can totally understand Tesla’s POV on this. Had the tint shop not done any work on that window, the car could have been taken to Tesla but now too late.

Our PPF installer on our MS driven right from Tesla up to their shop noticed two light scratches in the paint rear wheel well area which they pointed out on pre-inspection. They walked around the car with us there. We had inspected the car on pickup and think we might have missed one scratch possibly but at least one was from stone chips on the 5-6 mile drive to the PPF shop. We elected to have them do paint correction before film, but in the case of your window there’s no corrective option like that. Don’t know how well you looked over your car at delivery or before tinting but I lay this on the feet of the tint shop.

4. woodguyatl

woodguyatl Member

Tesla would not reimburse for the tint anyway so remove it and have the window fixed under warranty if they really did exist before tinting.

• Like x 1