TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Notice of new update after 7.1 two days ago

Discussion in 'Model S' started by davidc18, Jan 14, 2016.

1. davidc18

davidc18 Member

My 70D was updated to 7.1 on day 2 of the rollout and this morning has a new update (with the 1 hour 40 time to update message) anyone else? Any ideas what this second update could be?

2. AgentWimplo

AgentWimplo Member

Got the same notice here. Anyone done this?

3. tstafford

tstafford Member

There are a number of threads about stopped deployment of V7.1. Sounds like they identified and issue and have patched it. The beauty of the OTA architecture of Tesla in action.

4. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

There are two posts about an update on the 100+ page thread on the user sub group. Reference to 2.9.172 version of 7.1 Nothing on my screen yet.

5. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I downloaded it, the update took 18minutes, must be a minor patch. Someone said the 70 would show as a 60 under the Tesla T, I never looked at it, and this is supposed to fix it.

6. Soolim

Soolim Member

Anyone in Canada got the update? I hope it gives us the summon gimmick to play with. A life size remote control car (with limited range until 2 year from now base on EST).:wink: EST does not stand for Eastern Standard Time.:tongue:

7. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

I got the notice as well. I am currently running 2.9.154. I'll be the guinea pig tonight if no one else has updated by then.

8. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I already installed it, I'll post my findings in the afternoon.

9. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

No, the data give no indication that 7.1 deployment was stopped.
    This appears to be an incremental update that is mostly going to 70s. The current theory is that it might deal with the display bug where some 70 owners see "60" on their display now (but with no impact on range calculation, etc, so purely cosmetic)

10. nated

nated New Member

I also got the upgrade notice today on a 70D that has been on 7.1 for a few days now. I checked before installing and my T view was correctly showing 70. I'll report back if I notice anything different after install.

11. AgentWimplo

AgentWimplo Member

I finished the update, didn't notice any updates in the release notes. I checked my display before the update, I was showing 70D so I'm not sure what they fixed if anything for me. The wording might have been revised on the release notes. Too bad they don't show incremental release notes for this update. Hopefully the homelink doesn't need another reset like after 7.1

12. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

My homelink didn't need a reset. Must only be certain brands? We have a newer LiftMaster

13. AgentWimplo

AgentWimplo Member

I had an issue after 7.1 where the autohomelink decided to start opening my other garage so I needed to delete the doors and re-add them.

14. nated

nated New Member

Same, I'm not seeing anything obviously different and the release notes look the same. It took about 15 minutes to install and my build is now 2.9.172.

15. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

This happens commonly with new versions- once a while back we had three bug fixes in the first two weeks. It's why owners shouldn't be upset if they're not the first to get an update, when you do get it a few days later it may be the new and improved one.

16. evosteve

evosteve Member

It was for the model 70 showing as a model 60 issue...I had that issue and it took care of with second update, everything else seems the same

17. sillydriver

sillydriver Member

I wonder whether the build of 7.1 that most of us have was released early so the company could announce ahead of CES or whatever, and the new build is what they should have waited to release.