Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notification when unplugged at home.

Would you like the option to set a notification if you forget to plug in your Tesla at home?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't mind if Tesla added it. When your vehicle is low on battery, it tells you to charge. The car sends reminders for a host of other functions. Meanwhile, one of the key talking points of EV ownership is charging at home and Tesla recommends keeping the car plugged in when parked, if possible. It goes hand-in-hand and stands to reason that a "smart" car could remind you to plug it in.

I see less reason to set a reoccurring reminder on a disconnected, 3rd party device, since 95% of the time it wouldn't relay information based on actual events. The car sending a notification makes more sense, since the owner will only receive a notification when they need to take specific action.

How is it impossible? My car already notifies me when it starts charging, stops charging, the door is left open, and the window is left open. A reminder that I forgot to plug it in, is a SIMPLE request. I can understand that some people don't see a need for this. But I really don't understand why this request seems to offend some people. There are plenty of Tesla features that I don't use. I don't hate on them. I just don't use them.
Nothing wrong with the idea or request, it was your responses to the people who generously offered easy workarounds that were rude. You don’t read your responses, do you?

I understood the inference. It simply doesn't apply. My car notifies me of a multitude of things my phone doesn't. I simply asked for another notification that is directly in line with several of the notifications we do receive. What is unreasonable about it?

The way I see it nothing unreasonable at all As I said my 2013 Volt could do it. And I used it and loved getting the reminder on those occasions I did forget to plug in. (if already plugged in you won't be bothered with the notification)

And considering My Model S can already tell me
1. when charging starts / Stops / is interrupted / almost done / idle fees might apply
2. when a window is open / panoramic roof open / trunk - frunk open / door open
3. if alarm triggered or taken without permission I can see where it is / how fast it's moving / what direction
/ how fast / what gear its in.

All that said one thing I have not tried is scheduled charging start times programmed in the car.
Will it tell you it is unplugged if it reaches a scheduled charge start time and is not plugged in??

• Love
Reactions: cwmagui
Wants the Tesla APP to do it, nothing else, does not want other apps/reminders. Tesla app does not yet have the functionally to do this and you will not take others advice of a workaround. Case closed. P.S. you do come across as rude.

Who are you to close the case? The entire point of the question was to gauge interest in a new feature. It would have been silly to ask about a feature already present. I was not asking about work arounds. I was asking about a new feature. I simply would like to see a useful notification that is within the capability of Tesla to implement. I don't understand all of the hate this has generated.

Reactions: tccartier
Who are you to close the case? The entire point of the question was to gauge interest in a new feature. It would have been silly to ask about a feature already present. I was not asking about work arounds. I was asking about a new feature. I simply would like to see a useful notification that is within the capability of Tesla to implement. I don't understand all of the hate this has generated.
Your whole rudeness towards any help and not actually making this clear to anyone maybe the issue...Yes it would be a good feature that Tesla would hopefully looked at in the future.

• Disagree

Not sure I'm seeing any hate, but if there is any negativity, its directed at you personally. As OP, you setup a poll, and asked for a Yes or No vote, and then proceed to argue with every No vote. In other words, your poll was only seeking Yes votes; comes across as supporters only allowed to post on 'your' thread.

You want what you want -- we get it. But you should also get that others have different priorities on their Tesla wish lists.

• Disagree
If you feel strongly that a feature should exist, report it to Tesla. Arguing with random people on the Internet is not going to make Tesla implement the feature. To contact Tesla, go to tesla.com. Sign in to your account. Then go to this link:

Tesla SSO - Sign In
(you can navigate to that link by going to the support pages, scrolling to the bottom and click on the Contact Us button)

On a more serious note, I have a tesla wall connector and a car. They are both connected to my wifi, know of each other's existence, and claim to be able to communicate with each other. It seems like it could be a reasonable evolution to have them communicate to each other to:
1) know that they are both available
2) know that charge is below a certain %
3) know the time of day, or a scheduled leaving time

It seems like their focus for the wall connector is targeting re-selling of it, and not improving the private usage of it...but maybe someday.