Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notifications at time and charge state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I’d like to get a notification on my phone if it’s 8pm, SoC is less than 60% and the car is NOT on charge.

I can do this using my home automation platform Indigo and the Tesla plugin but am wondering if teslafi or anything else can do this?

I had a bad experience with too many apps connecting to the car (newbie eagerness I connected 6 or 7 lol) which I was away for two weeks that took me down to 30% instead of 70% I was hoping so I’ve turned them all off for the past few months.

Any suggestions on how I could do this?
Thanks
Noel

TeslaFi can do location aware plug in reminders.

upload_2020-10-12_7-40-5.png

Reactions: Noel83
I had a bad experience with too many apps connecting to the car (newbie eagerness I connected 6 or 7 lol) which I was away for two weeks that took me down to 30% instead of 70% I was hoping so I’ve turned them all off for the past few months.

I have not delved any deeper, but TeslaFi has an Api that allows limited access to Tesla settings via the TeslaFi system. It may help mitigate against some problems when running multiple discrete clients.

TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger

To make sure no apps are lurking, change your password.

Which platform(s) are you looking to keep?
Yep I did exactly that. I’ve survived two months without any of them back in the mix so now being very selective.
Tesla fi is a possible and also mulling through if Apple shortcuts could do the same thing, then I’d also get Siri access to open the boot etc which means one less other app needed

Hi all,
I’d like to get a notification on my phone if it’s 8pm, SoC is less than 60% and the car is NOT on charge.

I can do this using my home automation platform Indigo and the Tesla plugin but am wondering if teslafi or anything else can do this?

Thanks
Noel

I have something similar set up using Tasker on my phone.

At 9pm if I'm home, the charge is below 40% and the cable not connected then notify me. It's set this way because I only need it to be connected as charging is based on preconditioning in the morning.

I have something similar set up using Tasker on my phone.

At 9pm if I'm home, the charge is below 40% and the cable not connected then notify me. It's set this way because I only need it to be connected as charging is based on preconditioning in the morning.
Thanks, How's Tasker connecting to the phone? Directly through the API or through another third party app?

Looks like Tasker is kind of an equivalent to Apple Shortcuts app

Cheers

In case it’s useful this is how I’ve done it

Used Tesla Remote as my gateway to the car

Created an Apple shortcut as per screenshots

created a personal automation to run the shortcut (could do all in this step but wanted to be able to run the shortcut manually too)

Now to find out how to minimise polling interval of Tesla remote!

Attachments

• E09A26D2-B752-4C95-B56C-CC55C6BC1A3C.jpeg
    E09A26D2-B752-4C95-B56C-CC55C6BC1A3C.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 6B08EAA7-702C-4A6A-A4E3-2D8E67BB23FC.jpeg
    6B08EAA7-702C-4A6A-A4E3-2D8E67BB23FC.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 49
Hi all,

Thanks
Noel
Why not making your car sending directly a Push Notification alert?

Using the ODB2 port, the Scan My Tesla can check the SoC.

If you can find a way to access the SoC (every day at 8 pm from inside your car)
and determine if your can is plugged or not,
then you can trigger a Push Notification when needed.

Note: I have already a dashcam connected to the cloud,
so just by turning on my dashcam I could get an alarm.

Last edited:
and also mulling through if Apple shortcuts could do the same thing

iOS shortcuts could send you a notification with your SoC if you wanted.

Set a shortcut to show your SoC in a notification, then use the “automation” tab at run it every day at 8pm.

dburkland/tesla_legacy_ios_shortcuts This will get you started. Bare in mind the car will wake up to read this info. Alternative would be via data logger such as TeslaFi and get the “last known” data without waking the car.

Let me know if you need pointers

iOS shortcuts could send you a notification with your SoC if you wanted.

Set a shortcut to show your SoC in a notification, then use the “automation” tab at run it every day at 8pm.

dburkland/tesla_legacy_ios_shortcuts This will get you started. Bare in mind the car will wake up to read this info. Alternative would be via data logger such as TeslaFi and get the “last known” data without waking the car.

Let me know if you need pointers

thanks yep that’s how I’ve done it, posted my solution a couple of replies up :)