Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notified 2.5 hours from pickup that it is a week delayed (Chicago)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All -

First, thank you to everyone in this forum. Despite this being my first post I think I have probably consumed maybe 100 hours of reading in making my decision to buy a MY. There has been invaluable information shared by all of you and I truly appreciate the passion in here.

After having a great test drive and hearing rave reviews from a friend who had recently ordered a Y I pulled the trigger on 12/11 for a Deep Blue Metallic - LR MY with induction wheels. Got my VIN on the 14th and then was offered to select a pickup time. Opted for the 21st at 4PM (earliest option).

At 1:15PM today (day of pickup - the 21st) got a call that the train the vehicle was on was delayed and I would not be able to pickup my car till at the earliest the following week.

The associate mentioned they did have a comparable vehicle in MSM but I am set on blue.

Based on some of the threads I have seen here the delays don't necessarily surprise me but the train delay story seems a tad questionable.

Only mentioning it here because my friend who recently ordered and picked up his Y had the exact same experience but they let him know the day before. Anyone else had the "train is delayed" reasoning?

Back to reading about accessories, charging and everything else...

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
All -

First, thank you to everyone in this forum. Despite this being my first post I think I have probably consumed maybe 100 hours of reading in making my decision to buy a MY. There has been invaluable information shared by all of you and I truly appreciate the passion in here.

After having a great test drive and hearing rave reviews from a friend who had recently ordered a Y I pulled the trigger on 12/11 for a Deep Blue Metallic - LR MY with induction wheels. Got my VIN on the 14th and then was offered to select a pickup time. Opted for the 21st at 4PM (earliest option).

At 1:15PM today (day of pickup - the 21st) got a call that the train the vehicle was on was delayed and I would not be able to pickup my car till at the earliest the following week.

The associate mentioned they did have a comparable vehicle in MSM but I am set on blue.

Based on some of the threads I have seen here the delays don't necessarily surprise me but the train delay story seems a tad questionable.

Only mentioning it here because my friend who recently ordered and picked up his Y had the exact same experience but they let him know the day before. Anyone else had the "train is delayed" reasoning?

Back to reading about accessories, charging and everything else...

Same here in NJ my delivery was scheduled for 12/21, got a call from my SA stating delivery was delayed because the car will not arrive until 12/22, because of weather related delivery logistics issue. I hope that helps

Same here in NJ my delivery was scheduled for 12/21, got a call from my SA stating delivery was delayed because the car will not arrive until 12/22, because of weather related delivery logistics issue. I hope that helps

Does that mean that you are picking up your car on 12/22 or did they put you further out? I was scheduled for delivery on the 23rd in NY and was just told delayed until the 26th

Thanks. Good luck!

So following is my pickup saga, the car arrived today 12/22 i.e. delayed by two days which is fine. Got a message from SC if I wanted to pick it up today they had availability. I went ahead and scheduled the delivery an hour prior to delivery I got a call they found an issue with the steering wheel and could not sell that car. The SA matched me to another car which was located 50 miles away. Given the heavy demand with Tesla's in NJ, the quickest option was for me to drive 50 miles and pick up the car. Overall no major issues so far other than the driver's side mirror does not go far out. I scheduled a Service Center appointment already

So following is my pickup saga, the car arrived today 12/22 i.e. delayed by two days which is fine. Got a message from SC if I wanted to pick it up today they had availability. I went ahead and scheduled the delivery an hour prior to delivery I got a call they found an issue with the steering wheel and could not sell that car. The SA matched me to another car which was located 50 miles away. Given the heavy demand with Tesla's in NJ, the quickest option was for me to drive 50 miles and pick up the car. Overall no major issues so far other than the driver's side mirror does not go far out. I scheduled a Service Center appointment already

if the VIN is switched the same day, how do you the insurance?

The initial scheduling of delivery for me was automated based on assumptions on arrival. That had to be rescheduled as well. I was actually rescheduled twice, the last one due to it missing a part on final inspection. I ended up taking delivery finally, and the car is fantastic! Hang in there.