Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nov 14 9PM: "Mars" on Nat Geo TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the series is full of the usual Hollywood added drama and emotion in ways that are completely unrealistic for the actual mission being portrayed. It annoys me as well but I try to ignore it.

I also wondered how the last person got to the bottom and then how any of them were going to get back to the surface. Apparently the crane can be controlled remotely and is somehow going to be able to be recharged via remote control as well.

That is the last episode I have seen because I don't have cable and watched the episodes using the link that @Fallenone posted but then that link no longer worked. Looks like I will have to wait until the series is available through iTunes or Netflix.
I actually found Google Play has the full season at about 8 bucks.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
The Nat Geo YouTube channel has the Elon video:
And plenty of others.

I have on e episode left in the first season (I just found the on-demand feature of DirectvNOW). My main problem in suspending disbelief is the constant back and forth between real people being interviewed in 2016, and the Mars crew being interviewed in 2033+. The contrast is just too much at times, and I don't believe the actors.

But I am still enjoying the show. It is less science-based than I expected, but still cool. Feels like each episode has its own catastrophic event, which I did not expect of Nat Geo. Maybe I don't know what Nat Geo does though. Maybe I'll check out Curiosity Stream!

In the end, this show makes me rethink my willingness to go to Mars. That may be reality hitting home via a nice fictional show...

Reactions: Grendal
The Nat Geo YouTube channel has the Elon video:
And plenty of others.

I have on e episode left in the first season (I just found the on-demand feature of DirectvNOW). My main problem in suspending disbelief is the constant back and forth between real people being interviewed in 2016, and the Mars crew being interviewed in 2033+. The contrast is just too much at times, and I don't believe the actors.

But I am still enjoying the show. It is less science-based than I expected, but still cool. Feels like each episode has its own catastrophic event, which I did not expect of Nat Geo. Maybe I don't know what Nat Geo does though. Maybe I'll check out Curiosity Stream!

In the end, this show makes me rethink my willingness to go to Mars. That may be reality hitting home via a nice fictional show...
One thing that has annoyed me with this show from the outset: they did zero attempts at accounting for the lower gravity... They did so much right!
But coming back to this thread from the one for Away, I feel pretty good about this series here.

Reactions: Grendal