Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nov 21 Truck Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this is not the inverse of the Y reveal where they made the car look bad and had a low energy and poorly done presentation intentionally. Meaning I hope this is not the Elon-child all excited about an over stylized truck that will have limited appeal and be hyped so much that it slams the stock price into the ground and distracts from important manufacturing bandwidth. The name alone is very niche and I'm pretty concerned about the marketing expertise of Tesla based on their dart board approach in the past. I really hope I'm wrong but I can see this as a concept looking car with limited appeal past the fan base. Perhaps they will be $150K and take orders at Burning Man in the google RV area.... They can build them in a Cyber tent.

If he was shooting for under $50k, there's no way it'll cost $150k.

If he was shooting for under $50k, there's no way it'll cost $150k.

Then it better appeal to a large variety of truck buyers, fleets and others. A radical design is not going to fly in the mass truck market. I see this as more of a game changer than any product they have made unless they screw it up which would not be a surprise. Fingers crossed when I'm there.

Then it better appeal to a large variety of truck buyers, fleets and others. A radical design is not going to fly in the mass truck market. I see this as more of a game changer than any product they have made unless they screw it up which would not be a surprise. Fingers crossed when I'm there.

Begs the question tho if fleet and commercial buyers is a demographic Musk is interested in selling this too?

Begs the question tho if fleet and commercial buyers is a demographic Musk is interested in selling this too?

Consumers and fleet are not mutually exclusive, small trucks are bout in mass numbers by utilities, cities, etc. This makes up huge numbers of sales and the highest demand for EVs. If they don't appeal to the general truck buyer they won't appeal to the market which needs them the most. It will be pretty clear how this Truck will do and how much actual production will be necessary.

Contention in the ohmhome:

wohmman: I am actually interested in seeing this truck reveal tomorrow.
ohmman: Yeah, should be cool.
wohmman: If we can get a longer range on the camper, it will probably make a lot of sense.
ohmman: Yep. We can replace your Model X with it.
wohmman: No, we'd replace your S.
ohmman: But we tow with the X, and we'd be getting a new tow vehicle...
wohmman: I'm keeping the X. If you want the truck, you'll be replacing the S.
ohmman: Oh, man!

Contention in the ohmhome:

wohmman: I am actually interested in seeing this truck reveal tomorrow.
ohmman: Yeah, should be cool.
wohmman: If we can get a longer range on the camper, it will probably make a lot of sense.
ohmman: Yep. We can replace your Model X with it.
wohmman: No, we'd replace your S.
ohmman: But we tow with the X, and we'd be getting a new tow vehicle...
wohmman: I'm keeping the X. If you want the truck, you'll be replacing the S.
ohmman: Oh, man!
We had a related discussion in our house. I was thinking that if the Truck had sufficient range we could retire our diesel Grand Cherokee and go all electric. Mrs. Strider said we are absolutely keeping the Jeep since it costs us nothing and sometimes we want a vehicle that we don't care about. So then it came down to whether it would replace the S or the Roadster. I thought she would want to keep her S but I was surprised when she said that depending on how big it was, styling, etc that she liked sitting higher and that the truck could become our family vehicle.

So while we're excited to see the reveal tomorrow, we still have 3 years to decide which vehicle it will replace.

Reactions: Michelx and mongo