Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOV2022: Just Took Delivery of My 2023 TESLA Model Y LR/AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That must be something new. Originally it was for Austin people only. Or i guess whoever had delivery address relatively close to the factory. I can see them expanding that to other markets. I remember reading somewhere that they were planning to eventually serve east coast with the Austin factory and west coast with Fremont factory.
I’m in Boise, Idaho and my 2023 TESLA Model Y is an Austin build and was just delivered last week (NOV2022). I’m obviously well west of Austin.

Picking up my 2023 MIT Model Y LR in 2 days (last 8 of Vin# ...PA040172). I live west Texas, about 594 miles south west of the GigaAustin factory. Super Excited. Currently, In my region, all Model Y LR is sold out for 2022 delivery, I took the last one : )

Reactions: THEbuz
Picking up my 2023 MIT Model Y LR in 2 days (last 8 of Vin# ...PA040172). I live west Texas, about 594 miles south west of the GigaAustin factory. Super Excited. Currently, In my region, all Model Y LR is sold out for 2022 delivery, I took the last one : )
Congratulations! Your VIN is the newer 2023 (P) Austin (A) built. You should also receive $3,750 off the price since your delivery is December. May even get lucky with 10,000 free Supercharging miles I heard they are offering.

I just picked mine up December 3rd. Link here: July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

Please share your experience.

Took delivery of my 2023 MIT Model Y LR yesterday. The whole delivery process went super smooth. It has 2 miles on the odometer. Initial build quality check came back with just one minor front passenger fender slight misalignment and a loose panel under the frunk which I popped it back in. Other than that, it is near flawless, equal or better than my 2023 BMW X3M Competition. There is no matrix headlights, no more USS anywhere on the body, no magnetic center console latch but it has the new interior trim, rear parcel shelf cover, CCS enabled, AMD CPU, got my $ credit and 10000 miles SC loot! All in all extremely happy with this build in Texas Model Y
20221220_170858.jpg

5 days since I took delivery of my MIT Model Y LR. I am still at awe just how well built this is compared to my 2019 Model 3 DM. Today is my 1st time charging her and I noticed my charge port is the newer version which is heated (the lighted Tesla logo is off set from the midline of the hinge. : )

Attachments

• 20221225_175322.jpg
    20221225_175322.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: boulder.dude
^ Seems heated. I sure hope it works well too. In Chicago, we absolutely need this. In the app, there is a red glow visible next to the charge port when preheating or defrosting. The charge port cover has frozen shut twice now in the first few weeks of driving the Y.

EDIT. I might be wrong about the red glow on the port in the phone app signaling warming. I currently have it charging up, but climate and defrost are off. The app still shows the red at the port. Every day I learn more about this beast.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayzorEV
It's iffy. I have a Tesla insider who confirmed my 2022 Austin MYLR (built mid-Sept) did not have the Comfort Suspension even though the *incorrect* DriveTesla article said all of them after August 29th 2022 did.

SAs have access to a system called Garage (?) that shows the parts and can confirm your VIN has the upgraded suspension.
Tesla service center in DE - after looking up their internal company data - stated that if the cars were built in Oct 2022 or after then cars have "Comfort Suspension" for sure

I can honestly say that I am 100% satisfied with my 2023 Model Y. I really think bought it at the right time—TESLA EOY discounts and federal tax credit/s notwithstanding. (I took delivery on 11/12/2022.)

I am well aware of the build quality issues that have plagued TESLA to-date, and I was wary of that. Mine had almost none on delivery day.

I specifically wanted to buy a Model Y, as I believe it to be the best valued TESLA EV for the money, hands down. I also hate the yoke and lack of stalks in the Model S/X (maybe that’s just me), so I wanted to buy my Model Y before TESLA replaces the steering wheel with the yoke and removes the stalks.

My only “complaints” are all things I wish TESLA would do with software.

BTW: I totally love my HomeLink. Not sure I would spend $350 on it a second time, but I’m glad I have it.

Did Tesla resolve the handling, quality, noise issues vs the 3 ? I assume the "Comfort Suspension" feature is to address some of that. I had sold my 3 to get a Y (which was delayed several years). I can use the space and extra ground clearance (albeit not tons extra) vs my 3.