Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOVA PDR Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
Anyone have a Paintless Dent Removing company they recommend?

I reached out to a few, they all say they don't work on Tesla's. I could file an insurance claim and go with a real repair, but I was looking for a quick fix.

My wife hit a parking car, I got most of the paint transfer off, the rest will buff/polish out.

20190909_104728.jpg

20190909_104733.jpg

Did you find anyone who can work on the car?
Yes and no. Most PDR places I reached out to say they don't work on Tesla's due to the aluminum. So I took a crowbar (don't judge me :p. I plan to keep the car for a while, not worried about the resale value, just don't want a complete eyesore) and straightened most of it out. Got the rest of the paint transfer off too.

20190910_082951.jpg

I have an appointment on Friday to see if Dent Masters can make it a little better. But he told me right away that it won't be perfect (I'm not worried about perfection, otherwise I would have taken it to a real bodyshop). Will update based on what he thinks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DCEV
Yes and no. Most PDR places I reached out to say they don't work on Tesla's due to the aluminum. So I took a crowbar (don't judge me :p. I plan to keep the car for a while, not worried about the resale value, just don't want a complete eyesore) and straightened most of it out. Got the rest of the paint transfer off too.

View attachment 453436

I have an appointment on Friday to see if Dent Masters can make it a little better. But he told me right away that it won't be perfect (I'm not worried about perfection, otherwise I would have taken it to a real bodyshop). Will update based on what he thinks.

Please let us know what you find out.

Have you tried these guys?
we fix dents + hail damage — Dent Hero VA, DC, MD

Would love to know of a competent place that can handle our aluminum panels god forbid something happens! It seems you just need to have the right skill but aluminum PDR is possible.

Yeah, that said they can't help the damage is too severe, to get in touch with a real body shop.

Dentless Touch came in at $926.25. At that price point, I'll take it to a real repair shop.

Rodney (forget which company, I only have a text) said he can't do Tesla due to the aluminum.

Dent Masters said no originally I think. Told me to contact a body shop. I did, told them I'm not looking for perfection and to see if they have any PDR contacts*.

At this point I did part of the repair myself.

*the body shop got me in touch with Dent Masters, and when he heard I'm not looking for perfection, he said they'd see me on Friday.

Dent Group came in at $656.25, but only to 80% repair. I'm considering this. We'll seesee what the Dent Masters say.

Yeah, that said they can't help the damage is too severe, to get in touch with a real body shop.

Dentless Touch came in at $926.25. At that price point, I'll take it to a real repair shop.

Rodney (forget which company, I only have a text) said he can't do Tesla due to the aluminum.

Dent Masters said no originally I think. Told me to contact a body shop. I did, told them I'm not looking for perfection and to see if they have any PDR contacts*.

*the body shop got me in touch with Dent Masters, and when he heard I'm not looking for perfection, he said they'd see me on Friday.

Dent Group came in at $656.25, but only to 80% repair. I'm considering this. We'll seesee what the Dent Masters say.

Thanks for sharing your research!

I contacted Dent Hero about general Tesla PDR and they said yes they can do Tesla PDR but it seems you've already checked with them. I was hoping they could do this for you because they seem to work on a lot of high end cars and they are located within a Mercedes dealership in VA. They also have exceptional reviews and I was hoping they are a viable option for Tesla PDR god forbid I need it but it seems they are not able to handle severe PDR. That video I posted looks a lot severe than yours.

Let us know how things turn out or if you find a great PDR option in the DC area for Tesla for the benefit of others.

Have an appointment to get it fixed to 70% next Friday. He said the reason most people said no is that the quarter panel is not easily accessible from the inside and is also reinforced. He said if I want 100% to take it to a body shop, PDR won't get there.

If it were even the front fender it would be easier. Makes sense from the video that was posted too.

I'll post pictures when he's done.

• Helpful
Have an appointment to get it fixed to 70% next Friday. He said the reason most people said no is that the quarter panel is not easily accessible from the inside and is also reinforced. He said if I want 100% to take it to a body shop, PDR won't get there.

If it were even the front fender it would be easier. Makes sense from the video that was posted too.

I'll post pictures when he's done.

Wish you well with the results!

BTW, we are doing a PPF Group Buy in the DC area. If you are interested, let us know :)

Unbelievable. Dent Hero did an amazing job. He said he'll only take it to 70% repaired, I feel like it's 98% there. Much better than I anticipated and/or we discussed.

Original damage (I took off most of the paint transfer, he fixed the dents and buffed/polished out the rest of the scratches)
20190908_155138.jpg

And now:
20190920_131810.jpg

20190920_131815.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson

My bad, not Dent Master, Dent Hero was the one that got back to me and did the job.

• Love
Wow! That's an amazing amount of damage (at least visually) you managed to clean up!

Did you ever get a quote from a body shop to "fix" it?
I never really asked them in the first place, I asked them if they know any PDR contacts:
Told me to contact a body shop. I did, told them I'm not looking for perfection and to see if they have any PDR contacts*.

I ended up paying less than my deductible, so I'm happy with the approach I took.

If the scratches were deep and/or PDR wouldn't work, I would have had to suck it up and file an insurance claim and have a body shop do the work.

I never really asked them in the first place, I asked them if they know any PDR contacts:

I ended up paying less than my deductible, so I'm happy with the approach I took.

If the scratches were deep and/or PDR wouldn't work, I would have had to suck it up and file an insurance claim and have a body shop do the work.

Could you please clarify exactly which company you used?