Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOVA: Search for the Super Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not as much about Tesla as I would have hoped, no mention of the powerwall or merging with solar city. I wished they had touched more on Tesla, or even talked to Elon about the evolution and development of the batteries and gigafactory.

However, it was an interesting program indeed. If the plastic hard battery tech gets more validation and adoption, it could do wonders for extending the range of the vehicles using the same size batteries but with solid batteries that won't explode!

Reactions: nwdiver
Solid State is what VW, Toyota and I think BMW are trying to get to. GM was invested in a Solid State battery startup for a while too, until Dyson bought the whole company (Sakti3). And I think Bosch has some tieup with Seeo.

The major challenge with them has been power density - the solid electrolytes have had poor room-temperature performance limiting power output (and charging speed).

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
Not as much about Tesla as I would have hoped, no mention of the powerwall or merging with solar city.

Yes, there wasn't anything specific on the Power Wall, but there was a good segment on storing power on a large scale. In some areas the wind turbines are most active at night, but that's when demand is low. So, the idea is to store the overnight energy for use in the day time for an entire region.