Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November delivery of my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes no sense to me how you can announce two new vehicles when one model isn’t widely available yet but you’ve taken a massive amount of pre-orders. IMHO, he’s stretching himself very thin.
After last night's event, I'm super thrilled about the future of the company and more content with waiting for my 3, even after standing in line for hours on the morning of 3/16/2016.

Makes no sense to me how you can announce two new vehicles when one model isn’t widely available yet but you’ve taken a massive amount of pre-orders. IMHO, he’s stretching himself very thin.

Did you know Model X was unveiled and deposits began in February 2012? I'm not sure why you would be surprised that Tesla would do something they have done for pretty much every vehicle they have made.

As one who is in the first group, I imagine I could get my car this month. In his show last night, I'm surprised Elon didn't mention how well the assembly line is pumping out 3s. Obviously he has moved on to the next challenges. Model 3 is old news.

If you're "imagining" you could get your car this month, then you're not getting it this month. You'll get an email several months before delivery.

Did you know Model X was unveiled and deposits began in February 2012? I'm not sure why you would be surprised that Tesla would do something they have done for pretty much every vehicle they have made.
What I was eluding to is that if you have over 400K pre-orders of a product wouldn’t it be prudent to attempt to fulfill some of those orders first prior to utilizing resources on other ventures/products, etc? I think the semi and roadster are great and definitely a plus for Tesla. I’m not a businessman so perhaps that’s how most big businesses operate. Just looking at it from a “common sense” point of view.

What I was eluding to is that if you have over 400K pre-orders of a product wouldn’t it be prudent to attempt to fulfill some of those orders first prior to utilizing resources on other ventures/products, etc? I think the semi and roadster are great and definitely a plus for Tesla. I’m not a businessman so perhaps that’s how most big businesses operate. Just looking at it from a “common sense” point of view.

It makes sense when people are willing to throw money at Tesla 3 or more years ahead of receiving the product.

What I was eluding to is that if you have over 400K pre-orders of a product wouldn’t it be prudent to attempt to fulfill some of those orders first prior to utilizing resources on other ventures/products, etc?
The resources needed to get the model 3 up to speed are completely different from the resources needed to complete the design of a couple of vehicles that won't even be produced for 2 or 3 years.

I read somewhere Elon saying that it takes a small team to build a prototype, while it takes thousands of employees to have mass production rolling. The notion that Tesla has diverted resources away from Model 3 in order to reach prototype stage with the Tesla Semi and Roadster 2.0 is misguided.

Beyond that, I am elated that Tesla has a full pipeline of ideas and germinating products.

I've thought that ever since he announced and started developing the Falcon 9 long before he even successfully got Falcon 1 into orbit. Now I don't worry anymore, and realize that Elon can walk and chew gum at the same time. He's got a huge team of great people there, and it stands to reason that the car designers need something to work on while the factory designers figure out Model 3. So I think that it's entirely appropriate for them to continue developing Roadster2 while Model 3 is teething.