Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November / Late November delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They would really love if some of you would convert to +'s :wink:
That's IT!!! I have had it with you, Tex!!! It wasn't good enough to switch from an S to a P. Now you won't be content until I add the +!!! I have resolved NOT to read another posting from you until AFTER my order is locked in or I will not have enough money left over to gas it up...OH WAIT!!! Shucky Darn...look at what you are doing to me. :tongue: ( Sorry for the use of such strong expletives :redface: )

That's IT!!! I have had it with you, Tex!!! It wasn't good enough to switch from an S to a P. Now you won't be content until I add the +!!! I have resolved NOT to read another posting from you until AFTER my order is locked in or I will not have enough money left over to gas it up...OH WAIT!!! Shucky Darn...look at what you are doing to me. :tongue: ( Sorry for the use of such strong expletives :redface: )

What, little ole me? Just trying to help--honest :biggrin:

I did mention the amazing handling and suspension right, and OH those 21" staggered, yummy!

Okay I won't bring it up again (today).

Um, no...not exactly. The number 35,958 is what the number of VIN assignments would be if Tesla went a full year issuing 98.8 VINs each and every day. Clearly, Tesla won't produce and deliver anywhere close to that number in 2013.

VIN assignments =/= demand
VIN assignments =/= production
VIN assignments =/= deliveries

VIN assignments overestimate all of those since VINs include cars that Tesla builds for its own use (e.g., loaners) as well as cars that end up not being purchased after the VIN is issued.

That said, higher VIN assignment rates do suggest higher demand and, eventually, more deliveries. So that's good. :)

It DOES speak to the increasing run-rate. Didn't Elon predict a run-rate of 40,000 by the END of next year, or was in earlier? In either case, we seem to be approaching the 40K run rate pretty fast!

I'm not reading this!!! I am NOT READING THIS!!!

Since you're not reading, pictures are always better...I think I have your P+ configured how you wish...oh momma!

Captureb1_zpsbc17a636.png

Capturebb22_zps9e46cedd.png

Got the call from Tesla today. My car will be delivered on 10/28! Glad they were able to keep it within Late October as originally promised.

It will be 6 weeks from confirmation to delivery. Not anywhere near as fast as Texex91 but I think all of the planets aligned for your order and a 3 week delivery. =)

Got the call from Tesla today. My car will be delivered on 10/28! Glad they were able to keep it within Late October as originally promised.

It will be 6 weeks from confirmation to delivery. Not anywhere near as fast as Texex91 but I think all of the planets aligned for your order and a 3 week delivery. =)

Oh man I can't wait to see pics of that beauty!

Since you're not reading, pictures are always better...I think I have your P+ configured how you wish...oh momma!

Captureb1_zpsbc17a636.png

Capturebb22_zps9e46cedd.png

It would look better with a P85+ badge on the tailgate. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Texex91 sold his soul to get a faster production. His penance is having to sell 10000 P85+ models

My P85 was pushed from "Late November" to "December" on my Dashboard. :eek: I spoke with a nice young lady in Sales and she gave me the news that some orders have been pushed 1-2 weeks. No reason was given and I was too dismayed to ask why. No VIN assigned yet and I should expect to hear from DS in about 3 weeks. My verbal quote was "Early December". I mentioned the "One Month Priority Deliver" on the website and she claimed that it hasn't been updated and generally lags from actual delivery times.

For the curious, test drove on 9/14, ordered 10/1, confirmed 10/2. P85, blue metallic, pano, 19" silver cyclone, fog, wood matte, parking, tan leather, tech, UHFS & HPWC.

My P85 was pushed from "Late November" to "December" on my Dashboard. :eek: I spoke with a nice young lady in Sales and she gave me the news that some orders have been pushed 1-2 weeks. No reason was given and I was too dismayed to ask why. No VIN assigned yet and I should expect to hear from DS in about 3 weeks. My verbal quote was "Early December". I mentioned the "One Month Priority Deliver" on the website and she claimed that it hasn't been updated and generally lags from actual delivery times.

For the curious, test drove on 9/14, ordered 10/1, confirmed 10/2. P85, blue metallic, pano, 19" silver cyclone, fog, wood matte, parking, tan leather, tech, UHFS & HPWC.

IF, and only IF, you wanted to go with a +, I can almost assure you it will get priority and be delivered MUCH earlier...just trying to give you options.

IF, and only IF, you wanted to go with a +, I can almost assure you it will get priority and be delivered MUCH earlier...just trying to give you options.
Although, as a counterpoint, I asked on the phone about this and was told there was no additional delivery advantage to getting a +.

Edit for further note: I ordered a week later than Alex, have a VIN less than a hundred higher, have a delivery date scheduled, and have an MVPA awaiting my signature.

So I'd say the P and P+ at this point are very similar, if not identical, wait times.

Last edited:
Although, as a counterpoint, I asked on the phone about this and was told there was no additional delivery advantage to getting a +.

Edit for further note: I ordered a week later than Alex, have a VIN less than a hundred higher, have a delivery date scheduled, and have an MVPA awaiting my signature.

So I'd say the P and P+ at this point are very similar, if not identical, wait times.

Well, I guess we'll just have to disagree.

I think if one handles their order VIA the phone, and talks to someone that can see the slots, things happen quicker with plus.

Sure I think they will tell P buyers, hey no difference. But if you are a + buyer, I can assure you the tone changes--I'm speaking from experience.

However, for me I could careless, if one buys a 60, 85, P85 or P85+, what I do care about is if one finally gets the Tesla S, and the true capability of the car. Adios ICE...

BTW, I'm living proof on + time frame --Ordered 9/1/13 - Delivered 9/23/13

Last edited:
Perhaps, but yours was well before European orders bumped US orders. We were warned wait times were about to double or more. All I was saying is that Alex ordered a + and seems to be in no better shape than anyone else who ordered around that time.

Tex -just so I'm calling the right department what is the phone number for the inside sales people that you checked your delivery date with?

Being in Texas, I had to order through Colorado.

BTW, I was in Houston today on biz, and had to get a rental at airport--OUCH! I think I need to get a chiropractor! I'm sooooooo spoiled by my P+!

Oh how I wish I could my friend! Between the upfront costs and higher TCO I would have had to choose between my marriage and the P85+. I think the P85 and my wife is a better deal. Despite my woes, I am happy for our Euro friends. My wait is nothing compared to theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear GBoar. Glad you received a VIN though! One other tidbit, the Sales rep mentioned that VIN's are assigned "about every two weeks in batches." Again, doesn't seem accurate based on the anecdotal evidence on these boards.