Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November / Late November delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear GBoar. Glad you received a VIN though! One other tidbit, the Sales rep mentioned that VIN's are assigned "about every two weeks in batches." Again, doesn't seem accurate based on the anecdotal evidence on these boards.

Agreed. I'd love a VIN right now! Will be interesting to see how this develops. I have a preferred December (thanks to great advice from Tex). Was told it would be "early," but now that late Nov is being pushed into Dec, will be interesting to see how far I get pushed back. The investor side of me is pleased!

Has anyone who ordered with a November / Late November initial delivery received their VIN? From signatures that posted their confirm / initial delivery dates it would appear that anyone who missed the October / Late October window (those that confirmed on or before 09/10-ish) haven't received a VIN at this point. Just wondering if my theory proves out or not. Gives me something other to think about. :)

Confirmed 9/22 here, VIN 24900 assigned 9/30ish. Site is still sitting at "Sourcing Parts", however I stopped in the local store and was told to expect delivery around 11/11.

Wow 11/11 is quick. I confirmed just 3 days later (9/25) and mine does not even start production until 11/18. I must have just missed a window.

Super quick! - I confirmed 9/16 and am still getting a delivery estimate of 11/25 as of today.

Does anyone have the phone number for the production team? I keep getting people in sales which is clearly getting me nowhere.

Super quick! - I confirmed 9/16 and am still getting a delivery estimate of 11/25 as of today.

Does anyone have the phone number for the production team? I keep getting people in sales which is clearly getting me nowhere.

It is clearly a beginning of quarter get the European cars kind of thing. i confirmed 9/03 (13 days before you) and got delivery scheduled for 10/17 (a month before). Seems like I was lucky to get squeezed into the last batch of last quarter production. My car went into production like September 27th or so.

Wow 11/11 is quick. I confirmed just 3 days later (9/25) and mine does not even start production until 11/18. I must have just missed a window.
My first test drive on 9/8 I was told they were expecting to batch process a ton of EU orders, and that if I wanted the car soon I needed to order ASAP. I ordered 9/22, and was told I had missed the start of EU processing by a few days, but I should still confirm as quickly as possible if I wanted to beat the remaining unprocessed EU orders. So you were probably only a few days late, unfortunately.

Just got some more information on my build today. My HPWC shipped on 10/11 about 5 days after signing the MVPA, that will be getting installed next week so I'll post some pictures and details of the installation here.

Also I got my production date (YAY!!!). Going to go into production on 11/04 and delivery as soon as possible after that. I am optimistic that we will be able to get it before the estimated 11/25 date now. I think they are just being cautious with the transport time.

Knowing these dates helps me a lot. I'm a total planner, OCD, and analytical, not knowing when stuff was happening was driving me crazy. Now I can lay off calling my DS and relax until November 4th. My advice to Tesla is to be a little more proactive getting information out to us buyers. We just want to feel like we are part of the process and then it helps us all sleep!

I e-mailed my DS looking for more info about the delivery delay from Late November to December. His reply was brief indicating he was "doing his best" to keep a Late November delivery. I didn't want to push further about what that meant. Anyone have any insight into which departments have leverage on production schedules?

From what I can tell you have In Store Sales, DS, Inside Sales and the Production Team. There are likely more but these are the ones I have seen so far.

As far as the process goes: Test Drive > Deliberation > Order > Upgrade Debate > Finalize Order > Happiness > Search for VIN > Anxiety about VIN > Endless Hours Reading Forums About VIN > VIN assignment > Celebration! > MVPA > Prepare Electrical > Production Date Assignment > Finalize $$$ > Transit > Loss of Sleep in Anticipation > Delivery > Sheer Joy

I am learning quite a bit by reading the history on these forums. The community is second to none in sharing experiences and offering guidance.

Last edited:
As far as the process goes: Test Drive > Deliberation > Order > Upgrade Debate > Finalize Order > Happiness > Search for VIN > Anxiety about VIN > Endless Hours Reading Forums About VIN > VIN assignment > Celebration! > MVPA > Prepare Electrical > Production Date Assignment > Finalize $$$ > Transit > Loss of Sleep in Anticipation Delivery > Sheer Joy

HAHAH! Add in a bunch of sleepless nights. I told my wife that I don't think I was this anxious about the birth of my children ;-)

HAHAH! Add in a bunch of sleepless nights. I told my wife that I don't think I was this anxious about the birth of my children ;-)

I totally agree! We have two boys and for a while we would speak in code about the car and call it the 3-series (aka 3rd kid). Boys thought we were getting a BMW (for shame!). So now we refer to it as the wagon which they think is our Odyssey. I know I have read more in preparing for my MS than I did for either of the boys. I wonder what that says about me...:biggrin:

I totally agree! We have two boys and for a while we would speak in code about the car and call it the 3-series (aka 3rd kid). Boys thought we were getting a BMW (for shame!). So now we refer to it as the wagon which they think is our Odyssey. I know I have read more in preparing for my MS than I did for either of the boys. I wonder what that says about me...:biggrin:

That's great code! We are actually trading our 2012 Odyssey in on the Model S :) We determined that we absolutely never have used the 3rd row seat like we thought we would and were happy to give up the "we gave up our coolness and bought a minivan" stigma for the MS!

The Tesla rep said January. As Its a P85+ and a market they deliver directly to i assume they will honor the January delivery date set in the order mad what the Tesla rep told me. I will ping them again after ii can see the VIN. If they start mumbling about February or later i will rethink as The worst thing I know when ordering expensive things are promises with delays... They tend to show you how the whole aftermarket service will be... Meaning better cut the plug and go for an i3 or i8 instead. ;-)

The Tesla rep said January. As Its a P85+ and a market they deliver directly to i assume they will honor the January delivery date set in the order mad what the Tesla rep told me. I will ping them again after ii can see the VIN. If they start mumbling about February or later i will rethink as The worst thing I know when ordering expensive things are promises with delays... They tend to show you how the whole aftermarket service will be... Meaning better cut the plug and go for an i3 or i8 instead. ;-)

Great build hybris. Let's not bring up silly talk of i3 or i8--keep focused.

Got home from work today to find a sweet delivery from the FedEx lady waiting on my doorstep!
IMG_0242.jpg

Super pumped to get this installed and have one less step to worry about! My electrician is scheduled for next Thursday but I called him to let him know that the HPWC came in early :tongue:

IMG_0244.jpg

This thing is really a piece of amazing workmanship. Great materials and build quality. I can't wait to get it hooked up and ready to charge!

Guys, first post so please take it easy on me:

I got a P85+ with VIN (26117). Confirmed yesterday. Do you guys think a Late November delivery is realistic at this point? I am worried since I am leaving on vacation mid-December...

First CONGRATS on P85+--certainly the right choice, and will fit right in Newport Beach!

Late Nov is possible, but you should get an email soon. What did your order show?

Guys, first post so please take it easy on me:

I got a P85+ with VIN (26117). Confirmed yesterday. Do you guys think a Late November delivery is realistic at this point? I am worried since I am leaving on vacation mid-December...

I doubt a late November is possible at this point. I confirmed a P85 on 9/16 and I am getting quoted a 11/25 delivery date. Although it seems they are delivering about two weeks early...so we will see! Do you have a production date yet?