Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the parcel cover. I’m going to take it for a spin to see if it sounds different in the rear of the Y. I noticed the echo’s coming from the hatch. My Wife’s Toyota sounds the same when her cargo parcel cover retracted vs it being pulled all the way out.
View attachment 807394
View attachment 807395
View attachment 807396
Nicely done. Where did you purchase it from? Also, was looking at the usb controller that you got - what would you use that for (other than game controllers)?

Edit - didn't see the subsequent posts. Was excited in thinking the hard folding shelf was now shipping from China. Any scratches to the plastic panels as you extend back and forth like the other ones?

Last edited:
Nicely done. Where did you purchase it from? Also, was looking at the usb controller that you got - what would you use that for (other than game controllers)?

Edit - didn't see the subsequent posts. Was excited in thinking the hard folding shelf was now shipping from China. Any scratches to the plastic panels as you extend back and forth like the other ones?
I haven’t tried the controllers yet. I was going use the USB extender in the glove compartment for an External drive and Music. Maybe game controller’s later. Since i installed the center console data port From TParts. I don’t need the extra port in the glove box. The cargo cover or parcel shelf is nice. It has springs on the outer inside. So it compresses so you can easily slide it in to the slot. It has about 3/8 of space on both sides as you extended it to sit in the slot. When it’s fully extended. Ill takes some photos or a video and post it

I haven’t tried the controllers yet. I was going use the USB extender in the glove compartment for an External drive and Music. Maybe game controller’s later. Since i installed the center console data port From TParts. I don’t need the extra port in the glove box. The cargo cover or parcel shelf is nice. It has springs on the outer inside. So it compresses so you can easily slide it in to the slot. It has about 3/8 of space on both sides as you extended it to sit in the slot. When it’s fully extended. Ill takes some photos or a video and post it

Last week sent email to my SA asking about my order. Last time I emailed him in November. No response for a week so far...
Had a talk with Tesla rep through their web-site, asked them to check if my SA still work in Tesla and overall if the can figure out something about delivery earlier. EDD of Oct22-Jan23 is not fun at all :(

Last week sent email to my SA asking about my order. Last time I emailed him in November. No response for a week so far...
Had a talk with Tesla rep through their web-site, asked them to check if my SA still work in Tesla and overall if the can figure out something about delivery earlier. EDD of Oct22-Jan23 is not fun at all :(
Not sure if it's the same everywhere but my SA's phone # isn't dedicated - it's monitored and used by more than one SA.

Took delivery of my MYLR last Friday. Here's a recap.

Day started with tornado warnings. Not good! As I pull up to the dealership, the clouds start to form and rain ensues. It briefly stops and I walk into the SC and talk to SA. They inform me the paperwork is inside the car. Upon inspection found some interior issues like scuffs on seats and a small tear on the passenger door trim. Outside didn't see any panel gaps but it saw minor scratches on both tail lights.

Their detailer came out to buff out both scratches and they asked if I have time to check out the interior issues. After about 20 minutes, it starts to pour again but they managed to clean up the scuffs and replaced the door panel. I drive off and of course there's some hail. The car didn't come with mudflaps or rear PPF, but I had some at home waiting to install.

Next day I install the mudflaps + ppf and notice a pretty big panel gap between the trunk and tail light. It's only on the left side, as the right side is flush. I called the SC and ended up scheduling an appt for next week.

Overall I'm very pleased with the car. I had two model 3 owners (2020 and 2021) accompany me and they thought it was the best build quality they've seen. I wish I caught the one panel gap issue earlier, but so far haven't seen anything else.

For everyone still waiting for their car, be patient because it's 100% worth the wait! Here's the rain soaked car and the issues I found:

PXL_20220520_202311514.MP.jpg
PXL_20220520_192348586.MP.jpg
PXL_20220520_191353713.MP.jpg
PXL_20220522_000300228.MP.jpg

Took delivery of my MYLR last Friday. Here's a recap.

Day started with tornado warnings. Not good! As I pull up to the dealership, the clouds start to form and rain ensues. It briefly stops and I walk into the SC and talk to SA. They inform me the paperwork is inside the car. Upon inspection found some interior issues like scuffs on seats and a small tear on the passenger door trim. Outside didn't see any panel gaps but it saw minor scratches on both tail lights.

Their detailer came out to buff out both scratches and they asked if I have time to check out the interior issues. After about 20 minutes, it starts to pour again but they managed to clean up the scuffs and replaced the door panel. I drive off and of course there's some hail. The car didn't come with mudflaps or rear PPF, but I had some at home waiting to install.

Next day I install the mudflaps + ppf and notice a pretty big panel gap between the trunk and tail light. It's only on the left side, as the right side is flush. I called the SC and ended up scheduling an appt for next week.

Overall I'm very pleased with the car. I had two model 3 owners (2020 and 2021) accompany me and they thought it was the best build quality they've seen. I wish I caught the one panel gap issue earlier, but so far haven't seen anything else.

For everyone still waiting for their car, be patient because it's 100% worth the wait! Here's the rain soaked car and the issues I found:

View attachment 808564View attachment 808565View attachment 808567View attachment 808568
Believe it or not, that hole in second to last picture is supposed to be there to prevent condensation inside the lights. It seems some scratches in the plastic also. With the hole, not sure why it has to be right in the center.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw