Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I couldnt help but notice but in Tesla's shareholders deck for the Q4 results, they explicitly mentioned that initial Model Y's coming out of Berlin will have 2170's. They made no specific mention for Y's out of Austin. To add to the speculation, in the photo's section, they were showing attaching the seats to the structural battery pack. I'm guessing that the initial runs will be 2170's in a structural pack, but perhaps there is a fleeting possibility of 4680's in the initial units out of Austin?

Even if they use 2170's, they would largely not have to re-tool anything when they are finally able to switch to 4680's.

So I couldnt help but notice but in Tesla's shareholders deck for the Q4 results, they explicitly mentioned that initial Model Y's coming out of Berlin will have 2170's. They made no specific mention for Y's out of Austin. To add to the speculation, in the photo's section, they were showing attaching the seats to the structural battery pack. I'm guessing that the initial runs will be 2170's in a structural pack, but perhaps there is a fleeting possibility of 4680's in the initial units out of Austin?

Even if they use 2170's, they would largely not have to re-tool anything when they are finally able to switch to 4680's.
I’m listening to the earnings call with Elon. He just said that Texas Gigafactory are currently producing Model Y’s with the 4680 Structural Battery pack’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: daahlberg
After reading through posts here and in other threads for potential reasons why my EDD may have been pushed out from March to July, I logged into my account and found my financing had expired. Changed to a cash purchase for now and when I checked my EDD this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see it's now April 20 - May 18.

Reactions: BGOwner and Jones1
After reading through posts here and in other threads for potential reasons why my EDD may have been pushed out from March to July, I logged into my account and found my financing had expired. Changed to a cash purchase for now and when I checked my EDD this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see it's now April 20 - May 18.
My loan offer expired a couple of weeks ago. So I sent a text to Tesla. They responded and said they will run my credit again once I get a vin. So I won’t have to keep reapplying. I didn’t have to switch it to cash. They must have did it on there end.

Reactions: AZTech
MYP White / Black / 19"
East Coast / Central Pa
OD: 11/28/2021
EDD: 11/2022

Got message today, EDD: 5/30/22 - 6/27/2022
MYP comes with 21" wheels. Shouldnt be a 6-month window for a P, saw one posted in another thread who has a 2-month window.

MYP comes with 21" wheels. Shouldnt be a 6-month window for a P, saw one posted in another thread who has a 2-month window.

Thanks for pointing out that I clearly need glasses. 🥸(I cannot edit my original post now.)
I swear I re-read that before posting but I added a P at the end. That which was ordered was not a performance. Just a regular long-range Y with 19s.

Reactions: BGOwner
OD: 6 Nov, MYP Grey 5-seat no tow
BBB Hold: Mid Nov (3 Jan)
Hold Removed: 20 Dec
Vin assigned: 20 Dec
Delivery: 21-25 Dec
Vin released, rehold: 20 Dec (3 Jan)
Hold auto-removed 30 Dec
30 Dec - 2 Jan: TBD EDD
3 Jan: EDD 5 March - 31 March
7 Jan: EDD 28 Jan - 25 Feb
23 Jan: EDD 5 Feb - 16 Feb