Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone getting the roof rack? I saw a White Model Y with a roof rack today. It looked pretty clean. I would be nervous to use it. Knowing I have a glass roof.
I got the tow hitch, also more aero dynamic to rack things behind the car. Saw a YouTube video thag said they saw a 30% range reduction with a roof rack storage container vs 10% with the two hitch.

Reactions: Jones1
Lots of current tesla owners who have home link reported that it doesn’t work half the times. At least what i saw On you tube lol
i don't understand why i would pay for homelink when i have a remote garage door opener haha like if it was included with the car i would obviously use it, but im definitely not paying 500 dollars for something that i can just press a button on my own remote

Hmmm.... how was your experience then? Did you get your car yet? Would you prefer virtual & in person SA?
Taking delivery in a few hours. My experience pre-VIN was bad. Sporadic responses back, if any at all. I would get fed up and just go to the sales center to ask questions. Since I got my VIN they respond in a few min to an hour. But today ends that part of it. My wait was long and not sure if it is because I live in Hawaii or because I fell through some cracks somewhere.

i don't understand why i would pay for homelink when i have a remote garage door opener haha like if it was included with the car i would obviously use it, but im definitely not paying 500 dollars for something that i can just press a button on my own remote
Actually, its $325. KIA charges $375 for it and comes on the Rear View Mirror, forgot the other company but their EV it was $350 for the Homelink on the Rear View Mirror.

Reactions: Jones1
Taking delivery in a few hours. My experience pre-VIN was bad. Sporadic responses back, if any at all. I would get fed up and just go to the sales center to ask questions. Since I got my VIN they respond in a few min to an hour. But today ends that part of it. My wait was long and not sure if it is because I live in Hawaii or because I fell through some cracks somewhere.
Yeah, I'm waiting longer than you, unless you waited since 2017 based on your signature. I have the same build MSM & White interior except it's the long range. Congrats & wishing you the best of luck! I'm pretty fed up too, not trying to bad mouth, but all I'm getting is doing all they can do, but not much they can do.

Yeah, I'm waiting longer than you, unless you waited since 2017 based on your signature. I have the same build MSM & White interior except it's the long range. Congrats & wishing you the best of luck! I'm pretty fed up too, not trying to bad mouth, but all I'm getting is doing all they can do, but not much they can do.
Order date is 11/17/21. Just ran out of space so I had to cut some things. Much appreciated. Hang in there. My friend ordered his MYLR in Aug and they just got a VIN two days ago. I think Tesla does a disservice to SAs by either not making them all equal as far as what they can see or giving them the same information as the customer, which isn't a lot. One of my SAs looked up information and saw told me projections. Others are just like "I see what you see." I feel like at this point they should have a process where they can make more accurate projections and they should want to get information out. Maybe they feel like this method adds to anticipation and mystique. Who knows?

Reactions: cc333
I’m so happy for you guys! I’m glad some people are getting VINs, even if the majority seems to be for FSD orders.

I’ll have to live vicariously through you. I’m a bit down since I ordered back in November, original EDD was May 2022 but now EDD stands at Jan-Apr 2023, which is exactly what the EDD shows now if you order a model Y today. I have not done any holds, I have no trade ins, I selected cash payment. I messed up by providing my trade in info in November and not actually declining the offer until late December. I had no clue that would hold up anything, especially since the trade in offer would not have been the same at delivery since that was still months away!

*sigh* I was hoping my EDD would recorrect and adjust to an earlier time frame like it did for some others here, but not luck yet.

Keep posting the good news so I can bask in your success :)

Order date is 11/17/21. Just ran out of space so I had to cut some things. Much appreciated. Hang in there. My friend ordered his MYLR in Aug and they just got a VIN two days ago. I think Tesla does a disservice to SAs by either not making them all equal as far as what they can see or giving them the same information as the customer, which isn't a lot. One of my SAs looked up information and saw told me projections. Others are just like "I see what you see." I feel like at this point they should have a process where they can make more accurate projections and they should want to get information out. Maybe they feel like this method adds to anticipation and mystique. Who knows?
Yeah, you were quick, later than mines, sooner than mines. Yep, I totally agree with you. The lack of info & empowerment / allowing them to make adjustments is pretty disappointing. All I'm getting is "I see what you see" which makes me wonder, what is their job? Clearly not sales nor marketing because demand > supply, there still an organic interests without the need to push sales. Info, they only know what we know, so... yeah, what is their jobs?

Reactions: Beast_Mode
I’m so happy for you guys! I’m glad some people are getting VINs, even if the majority seems to be for FSD orders.

I’ll have to live vicariously through you. I’m a bit down since I ordered back in November, original EDD was May 2022 but now EDD stands at Jan-Apr 2023, which is exactly what the EDD shows now if you order a model Y today. I have not done any holds, I have no trade ins, I selected cash payment. I messed up by providing my trade in info in November and not actually declining the offer until late December. I had no clue that would hold up anything, especially since the trade in offer would not have been the same at delivery since that was still months away!

*sigh* I was hoping my EDD would recorrect and adjust to an earlier time frame like it did for some others here, but not luck yet.

Keep posting the good news so I can bask in your success :)
Too be honest, the most recent flood of VINs this past week have not had FSD or are even MYP.

I do remember a few people having there EDD move back. Then they received a Vin a coupe of day’s later. For it to move back on a Friday. While I’m at work. Sucks. 😆. I can’t have wine or a Beer.

1651244930718.png

Reactions: voom500