Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with Tesla today about VIN assignment with my EDD range starting in 3 days. The advisor told me VIN isn't assigned until you are within that range - which I communicated that I noticed some people being assigned prior to the range. He double down and said, no, it's after you get into 5/13- 5/27 and won't be on the first day. Does that seem right??

Reactions: Jones1
Spoke with Tesla today about VIN assignment with my EDD range starting in 3 days. The advisor told me VIN isn't assigned until you are within that range - which I communicated that I noticed some people being assigned prior to the range. He double down and said, no, it's after you get into 5/13- 5/27 and won't be on the first day. Does that seem right??
Deff not right. I have been pushed out twice after entering my EDD. You are correct people have been getting VIN who has not entered their EDD.
At this point it feels like a lottery. There is no sense to how tesla is assigning VINs. Lol. I may Buy a lottery the day i get My VIN assigned to me 😂

Reactions: Tezla. and cc333
I received a VIN more than 1.5 months before the start of the EDD range I had at the time.

• Funny
Reactions: Tezla. and afscotch
My advisor said don't trust the forums lol... yet it wasn't for this forum I found out I had to complete my profile including the payment which they told me to skip as I was planning on Finance. After completing profile it went from a generic June to a precise EDD date which is August 15th - September 12th, yet they are refusing to admit / own their mistake and unwilling to help do anything given they already neglect my POV.

I have had a May 16-June 13 EDD range for months, early last week it went to May 15 - 30. Thursday it went to May 17-May 21 and VIN. So I got my VIN 12 days before EDD.

@cc333 has an SA that say Forum lies. Someone should tell that SA that there is more useful and accurate information here.

Reactions: Tezla. and Jones1
got my vin after a lot of jumping dates but more than 2 weeks ahead of my EDD window. i have found more useful information in the group data here and have found to guard my expectations, i am not the only one getting jerked around and on an emotional roller coaster. I didnt buy a new Jeep grand cherokee because "i didnt want to wait til FEBRUARY" (ha. ha. if only i knew.) im glad i stuck it out and i will not officially celebrate until im driving off the lot at this point.

The SA is not completely wrong but there is no such logic. it really depends on your location. If you are on the EC you should see a VIN two weeks prior to delivery. So if you get a VIN anytime before start of your window or within the window add another two weeks from that date. From what I have seen here, those in TX usually get a VIN a week before delivery and those on WC get it 3-5 days before delivery. So now you can do the math when you get the VIN 🤪

I need to speak to your SA, I’ve been in the Jan-Apr 2023 jail for two weeks now 😂 actually, I don’t know if I’m laughing or crying. The end result is the same - all I can do is wait and try to do so without worrying about it too much :)
😂 ah well it was a week today so I went there again and there was different advisor and manager this time. They told me to wait and I told them I am ok to wait but I ordered my car in November so there is no way that my delivery shows as if I ordered my car today my lease is up in august after that I can wait may be a month or so but not until next year . So the advisor and manager said if you don’t get vin by august come in and we will try to give you a demo car until you get your car, so I don’t know if they will do it for sure but they said you should get your vin before august .. so all we have to is wait 🤯🤯

Reactions: Stardew
No. They just try to handle you. Keep you calm. Maybe they can call someone higher up to check on your order. But they will never tell you something to discourage you. Keep contacting you them. Don’t let up.