Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one article referencing the interview where he made this comment: Elon Musk warns Tesla may stop taking orders on some vehicles due to "ridiculous" demand
Thanks. Makes sense... the wait is so long and just frustrates people, plus it puts a financial liability on Tesla... who knows what costs will be a year after an order is placed. Would also make it cleaner to switch to the 4680s, e.g. Y orders are a year out. When they are confident 4680 will be ready, they made that the baseline battery when the order book reopens plus have a year to prep.

I guess I am the worst luck one here! DO 11/10/21, MYLR, white, located on west coast. My EDD was pushed down again yesterday to July 28 - September 08. It is like a moving target. I have been on rental car for almost a month since my own car lease expired in April. Chatted with SA and visited local dealer, but both said that I have no other options besides waiting! So Frustrated!

Spoke with Tesla today about VIN assignment with my EDD range starting in 3 days. The advisor told me VIN isn't assigned until you are within that range - which I communicated that I noticed some people being assigned prior to the range. He double down and said, no, it's after you get into 5/13- 5/27 and won't be on the first day. Does that seem right??
I received my VIN when my EDD just said June.

Reactions: BGOwner
Thanks. Makes sense... the wait is so long and just frustrates people, plus it puts a financial liability on Tesla... who knows what costs will be a year after an order is placed. Would also make it cleaner to switch to the 4680s, e.g. Y orders are a year out. When they are confident 4680 will be ready, they made that the baseline battery when the order book reopens plus have a year to prep.
Yeah, not just on them, but on us as well. Example, stocks taking a hit while interests rates are up. Hard to predict what everyone's financial situation / economy will be.
I guess I am the worst luck one here! DO 11/10/21, MYLR, white, located on west coast. My EDD was pushed down again yesterday to July 28 - September 08. It is like a moving target. I have been on rental car for almost a month since my own car lease expired in April. Chatted with SA and visited local dealer, but both said that I have no other options besides waiting! So Frustrated!
Yeah, same all I get is "nothing can be done". Still seem to be early than me though even though I ordered before you did.

I received my VIN when my EDD just said June.
June when? End of June, beginning of June or generic June?

I ordered mine on 11/04/2021. The EDD changed at least 5-6 time. Here is the current info:

Model Y Long Range | Midnight Silver Metallic | 19'' Gemini Wheels | Black Interior | 5 Seats | No Tow | No FSD | OD: 11/04/21 | Profile Completion: 11/05/21 | EDD: August 2nd - September 13th

I ordered mine on 11/04/2021. The EDD changed at least 5-6 time. Here is the current info:

Model Y Long Range | Midnight Silver Metallic | 19'' Gemini Wheels | Black Interior | 5 Seats | No Tow | No FSD | OD: 11/04/21 | Profile Completion: 11/05/21 | EDD: August 2nd - September 13th
Where are you located? Seems like we ordered the same configuration on the same day.

I checked my EDD this morning, again this afternoon. I’ll probably check tonight (I don’t know why, nothing will change lol!). The end result is the same: EDD Jan-Apr 2023

Argggg Tesla why are you doing this to us?!

Reactions: afscotch
Where are you located? Seems like we ordered the same configuration on the same day.

I checked my EDD this morning, again this afternoon. I’ll probably check tonight (I don’t know why, nothing will change lol!). The end result is the same: EDD Jan-Apr 2023

Argggg Tesla why are you doing this to us?!
I am in SF Bay Area - 25 miles away from the Fremont GigaFactory.

-------------

Reactions: Stardew
In my case, one MVPA was available when the car was deliverable, not missing parts.....couldn't see the other one because it wasn't deliverable, it is missing the part. I called and they pushed thru the paperwork so i could see it, but its still on parts hold.
I am in SF Bay Area - 25 miles away from the Fremont GigaFactory.

-------------
I have same config and similar OD date but a seven seater. Edd is Aug 16-Sep 27

Finally picked up the white on white LR. LOL it was worth every second of waiting yall. This car is mind blowingly great. Puts your eyes in the back of your skull when you accelerate.

Attachments

• 6A0B2A82-C01A-4AA9-9DE7-5FA29978DD3F.jpeg
    6A0B2A82-C01A-4AA9-9DE7-5FA29978DD3F.jpeg
    774.1 KB · Views: 84
Whoever has taken delivery of their MY are you guys affected by this recall:

Whoever has taken delivery of their MY are you guys affected by this recall:

Talking to somebody who had this problem they seen it happen baby two or three times since they had their car for the last six months.

It will be fixed over the air, does not prevent you from driving the car and no accidents have been reported due to it.

Reactions: Jones1