Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta wonder if the apparent SR+ short lease is related to convenience and/or they aren't sure about the new battery pack's durability. For me it's not a good value given the performance and range shortcomings and 4860 unknowns.

Reactions: Jones1
So I guess model y’s with 4680 are available to exchange for existing orders. Mine is due next month and I can pick up from Texas as my wife is still a resident there. What would you do? Stick with 2170 or go with 4680?
Will they make you pay the more that the SR costs? Or even swap?

If it was me, 💯 I would stick with the LR, it even cost me $6k less for more range

I guess the question is can you charge 4680 to 100% without issue unlike the 2170. And my buddy’s model y real world range gets like 250 miles range. Wonder if the new battery has more real world range kinda like the fords.
No, the 4680s will be just like 2170s, in that you shouldn't charge to 100% on a regular basis. And there is no reason to think that the EPA estimate for the 4680 Model Y would be any more realistic than the EPA estimate for the 2170 Model Y. (They use the same test procedure, where, AFAIK, Ford uses a different, abbreviated, testing procedure.)

Gotta wonder if the apparent SR+ short lease is related to convenience and/or they aren't sure about the new battery pack's durability. For me it's not a good value given the performance and range shortcomings and 4860 unknowns.
Maybe 4680 will be ready for prime time. When the CyberTruck comes out. With the lower range of the MYSR. But without a real noticeable lower price. I mean it’s like a $10 per month less Vehicle note. If a buyer is financing. It’s just not worth it. IMO.

I think they will pump these MYSR for a short time. Then around the end of the year. Have performance models come out of Giga Texas with the MYSR. Why pay $60,000. When you can pay $62,000 for more 50 miles more.

No, the 4680s will be just like 2170s, in that you shouldn't charge to 100% on a regular basis. And there is no reason to think that the EPA estimate for the 4680 Model Y would be any more realistic than the EPA estimate for the 2170 Model Y. (They use the same test procedure, where, AFAIK, Ford uses a different, abbreviated, testing procedure.)
Good to know, sounds like I should stick with the 2170, especially since I got it at a cheaper price than what it is now

Reactions: BGOwner
I think they will pump these MYSR for a short time. Then around the end of the year. Have performance models come out of Giga Texas with the MYSR. Why pay $60,000. When you can pay $62,000 for more 50 miles more.
I wish people would stop calling it the MYSR, it is not a Standard Range, or even Standard Range+. It is just the "Model Y AWD". It is in between the SR and the LR. (Both on range and on having dual motors.)

Reactions: Jeremiah29.11