Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t make it to Saturday. Half of tank from last week. I had to fill up. $4.29 per gallon @ The Energy Capital (Houston). I still have to put 93 octane in my Mercedes. To drive it to the delivery center for trade. I’m putting $5 in. F it.

Maybe 4680 will be ready for prime time. When the CyberTruck comes out. With the lower range of the MYSR. But without a real noticeable lower price. I mean it’s like a $10 per month less Vehicle note. If a buyer is financing. It’s just not worth it. IMO.
I hope so too. A CT with a 500 mile range will need some serious battery magic.

I agree, the MYSR didn't seem like a bargain for the features. I bet Tesla would love to move a few Sep/Oct/Nov (lower profit) EDD MYLR orders to MYSRs.

Reactions: Jones1
Not really. They sold a Model Y SR in the past, which is significantly different. (RWD and only 244 miles of range.)

In China they sell a Model Y RWD. But they don't call it a SR.
In North America. They sell a Performance, Long range and now the The MYSR. All of them are AWD. It only makes sense to call it the Standard Range. It has the lowest range in North America. Now if they come out with a RWD again in North America. Then we can call it The MYSR RWD. 😆

I think they will pump these MYSR for a short time. Then around the end of the year. Have performance models come out of Giga Texas with the MYSR. Why pay $60,000. When you can pay $62,000 for more 50 miles more.
This, for sure! A lot of people ask us this question when selling a Model 3 SR+...and we always say, you aren't competing so much with other sellers, but you're actually competing with Tesla...

When someone asks too much for an SR+, people will just buy a new LR for a couple thousand more from Tesla and get AWD + more range.

ed6.gif

Delivery at 2pm today!!!!

Seeing some chatter here that the date at which you complete your profile matters now.

I know I was slow confirming my profile but after checking my inbox it would have been after the first week of February. I checked the source code and see a "last updated" timestamp indicating March 2nd. So maybe I should temper my expectations to be delivered within the November cohort otherwise.

EDD Aug 25 -

• Informative
Reactions: EasyPal
Probably a good sign for you. You are in a two week window. I’m trading in a vehicle . I never got a trade in text until I got a vin. I got a trade in email. Then they sent a text telling me to update my trade in. Send pictures to an email address.
No news so far after getting trade in text 😞 . At least there does not seem to be any correlation between trade in text and VIN’ning 🤪

Going to be “carless” in a few days .. cmon Elon!!

Figured I'd share a quick update on the order of the steps in the recent weeks, since it's a bit different than most:

April - EDD date dropped to 4 day window (May 20-24)
April 29th - "Trade in" text received
May 9th - Received Final Payment is now ready email
May 10th - After contacting Tesla Rep for question about final payment, he gave me my VIN (No VIN in app or website - but found in source code)
May 16th - "Congratulation, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for Delivery" text received scheduled for May 26th
May 18th - VIN appeared in app in
May 26th - Scheduled Delivery

Fingers crossed that my delivery date/time holds!

In North America. They sell a Performance, Long range and now the The MYSR. All of them are AWD. It only makes sense to call it the Standard Range. It has the lowest range in North America. Now if they come out with a RWD again in North America. Then we can call it The MYSR RWD. 😆
Well, if people dont want to call it a SR, we can always call it the MYLR2. As in Low Range. :)

• Funny
My delivery is scheduled at 10am Saturday I was asked to sign Temporary Tag documents yesterday. Does anyone know if you are only asked to sign temporary tags documents? When your vehicle has arrived at the delivery center?I’m in Texas. So Tesla doesn’t give us our plate’s.

Reactions: phillukk
Talking about MYSR and battery chemistry for 4680.
If it's LFP battery, then you can charge it to 100% every time and have 279-mile range, while the LR model has a Lithium battery which is recommended to charge only till 80% every day which gives you about 240-mile range. So the Long Range model plays out only on road trips when you want to charge till 100% to have extra juice just in case. So the Long Range model can be not really that "long" for the daily driver.
If Tesla going to offer me a new MYSR, I ll seriously think about it.

Hearing others' experience, I'm starting to lose hope in my EDD since no VIN has been assigned yet and I'm 1 week out from EDD range
Keep your hope. I’m supposedly 2 days from pick up and I’m losing my Mind over here. 😂 I feel like I’m lined up in front a Apple Store. Waiting to buy the the iPhone 5. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Art84 and BGOwner