Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Novice Driver Requirements/Rules for Model 3 in Vancouver, BC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Vancouverites,

We're currently looking to get an EV and I'm interested in the Tesla Model 3. However, we were wondering if Novice Licensed drivers are allowed to drive a Tesla Model 3?

The reason we're asking is that there are lots of strict rules when comes to drivers in the N stage, such as no hands-free devices, GPS, bluetooth, etc. With the Tesla Model 3 having every single control on the main center console, would you technically run into problems in terms of getting pulled over/fined?

Does anyone have experience in this or have been pulled over because of this? Would appreciate any advice before we look more into the Model 3. Thanks for the help!

Never had a problem, though only drove my 3 with an n for a couple months.

I do not think you will have a problem. Technically speaking, don’t use your hands free or gps. Car functions on the screen are fair game.

I was never pulled over and have certainly seen other teslas with an n on them.

Reactions: cdswm3
Man these N restrictions are way too vague haha, thanks for the insights so far~

Well, to be fair they are saying you can't use devices nor GPS.
A lot of cars have built in GPS, but in an idle map state you aren't being distracted by the GPS functions/instructions.

Ultimately they are targeting anything that would have your hands, eyes, or mind off of the act of driving.

Personally, I don't think this is a great argument for GPS. GPS has always been a way to allow me to focus on the driving and not focus on what are the street names or when should I turn. Unfortunately, I don't make up the rules. Yet.

Reactions: cdswm3 and Vawlkus
Well, to be fair they are saying you can't use devices nor GPS.
A lot of cars have built in GPS, but in an idle map state you aren't being distracted by the GPS functions/instructions.

Ultimately they are targeting anything that would have your hands, eyes, or mind off of the act of driving.

Personally, I don't think this is a great argument for GPS. GPS has always been a way to allow me to focus on the driving and not focus on what are the street names or when should I turn. Unfortunately, I don't make up the rules. Yet.

Definitely agree with your GPS point, it's great to have especially driving at night when road signs are a bit harder to see. Oh well the rules are the rules after all :/